Results 1 to 2 of 2
09-11-2009, 01:35 AM #1
Attention to iphone users : Apple iPhone OS 3.1 Update Now Available!!
Back in June, Apple had pushed first beta of iPhone OS 3.1 SDK to the developers for testing and fixing the bugs existing in the iPhone OS 3.0 update. At the Rock and Roll event, Apple announced the availability of iPhone OS 3.1 software update. This 3.1 update is free for iPhone users and for iPod Touch users with 3.0 update running on their device. The new Genius Recommendations feature now suggests applications (apart from music) based on those installed on the device. Along with number of known bug fixes, the iPhone 3.1 update brings new features.
Apple has branched out the iPhone OS update making it separate for iPhone and iPod Touch devices. Like the iPod Touch updates are being pushed as iPhone OS 3.1.1 update while for the iPhone Apple pushes it as iPhone OS 3.1 update. The iPhone owners can choose ringtones from the iTunes Store and download them wirelessly. However, the downloads over 10MB require WiFi Connection so looks like there's a limitation or download cap for downloading over data connection.
List of enhancements coming with new iPhone OS 3.1 update:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Antiphishing Warnings for fraudulent websites in Safari
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
The iPod Touch owners who haven't updated their devices with iPhone 3.0 update can now buy it for $4.45 (Rs. 214 approx.), slashed down from the earlier $9.95 (Rs. 480 approx.). And after that, the iPhone OS 3.1.1 update can be downloaded for free and flashed.
The new iPhone 3.1 firmware can be downloaded using iTunes. However, to install the iPhone OS 3.1 update on iPhone and iPod Touch devices, iTunes 9 has to be installed in Mac or PC.
09-11-2009, 03:18 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
Thanks i miss my iphsorry dude .... Hash