dR www.desirulez.net

Default How WWE Might Try to Counter CM Punk Chants In Chicago

Follow us on Social Media

After a week where the CM Punk talk has started to die down, people within WWE are looking ahead to the March 3rd RAW from Chicago. There is a lot of concern about how that show will play out. With The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan scheduled to return at the February 24th RAW, they could be brought to the Chicago RAW as a way to counter the Punk chants.

There was less concern this past week because while there were Punk chants at live events, they didn't pick up or last that long. The feeling is that with nothing major happening with the Los Angeles crowd at RAW on Monday, it's pretty much a done situation with the possible exception of Chicago.

Going into the Los Angeles RAW this week, officials feared fans would hijack the show and ruin the John Cena vs. Randy Orton main event. The idea was to bring Daniel Bryan out twice, including right before the main event, have him go over strong and get the chants out of the way.

There remains mixed feelings within the company regarding Punk's status. Virtually nobody agrees with him when it comes to walking out 30 minutes before a live TV shoot. Many have sympathy for some of his concerns but they argue that Punk was legitimately the #2 guy in the company for a while. On a related note, it's acknowledged that Punk was very popular but the belief is that he was not a ticket seller to live events and only on occasion was he a difference maker in pay-per-view business. At the same time, Punk was the #2 merchandise seller.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

As I mentioned earlier, those chants WILL EVENTUALLY fade off

Junior Moderator

It's funny how hard WWE has to try to get rid of the chants. Raw in Chicago better be good enough for the chants to go away.

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Good Luck with that
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by EidenAnderson View Post
    Good Luck with that
    Exactly... This is Chicago we are talking about..

MITB '11 anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&TazzatBoundForGlory12 View Post
    Crowd: 'WE WANT HEAD! WE WANT HEAD!'

Mike: What do you think of the chants? Seems like everybody here in Phoenix wants head.

Tazz: Well, it's a horny crowd.

Mike: What...?

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyCreative View Post

MITB '11 anyone?

Thats what I'm talking about. One boring Match, a couple of seconds silence during a promo and the crowd goes nuts and I dont think WWE can send out Bryan every 5 minutes
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyCreative View Post

MITB '11 anyone?

I can't predict what the crowd will be like but we need to remember just how hyped CM Punk was at this point in time, I don't think he carries the same hype right now compared, not in my opinion at least

Star of the Month May www.desirulez.net

It's his hometown they won't just forget him lol..

Achievement List
    Master Of The Year 2012
    Star Of The Month May 2013
    Wrestler Of The Month February 2013

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Yup, just like Cena's hometown always remember to boo him out of the building