dR www.desirulez.net

Default Reason Why Why WWE Isn't Speaking Publicly About CM Punk's Situation

Follow us on Social Media

WWE officials have began to de-emphasize CM Punk internally and they have the impression that he's not coming back anytime soon. One reason the company is not burying Punk publicly yet is because Vince McMahon really does like Punk personally. As noted, Vince still hopes the two sides can work everything out.

Another reason is they have a lot of time and money invested in Punk, they have the CM Punk name out in stores and other places and they want to protect that at best they can as long as it's associated with WWE. There's a good chance WWE doesn't even publicly acknowledge Punk is gone until his contract expires in July. For those wondering, once July comes and his contract expires, Punk will be free to do anything he wants.

Coolbie www.desirulez.net

At least they made that clear.

I am the best in the world at what i do.

Junior Moderator

So since Punk is still under contract, shouldn't he be arrested for walking out?

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    So since Punk is still under contract, shouldn't he be arrested for walking out?
    Arrested?? I'm pretty sure if you walk out of your job you don't get arrested, he just wont get paid

Well, in reality they could sue him for breach of contract, as they'll have lost a lot of money in merch sales, ticket sales etc through Punk not being there. He couldn't be arrested though.

I doubt they would though, since they probably want Punk to work for them again someday.
    The Prince Is Here...

Junior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Law View Post
    Arrested?? I'm pretty sure if you walk out of your job you don't get arrested, he just wont get paid
    It depends on what job. If you work in an office, it isn't a big deal. But when we're talking about WWE, we're talking about performing in front of millions of people. Punk is a popular worker, so of course he could get arrested for breach of contract.

It depends on what job. If you work in an office, it isn't a big deal. But when we're talking about WWE, we're talking about performing in front of millions of people. Punk is a popular worker, so of course he could get arrested for breach of contract.
    Actually quite shocked at this, considering a force of work regardless of contract could be considered slavery...

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

+ Fine too

Actually quite shocked at this, considering a force of work regardless of contract could be considered slavery...
    He absolutely could not be arrested. Sued for lots of money, yes, but not arrested.
    The Prince Is Here...

Junior Moderator

You're signing a contract. The whole use of a contract is to make sure you're following what's contained inside of it. Is there a contract for working at McDonalds? Nope. WWE is obviously professional in this case, and once again, breach of contract should come into play.

You're signing a contract. The whole use of a contract is to make sure you're following what's contained inside of it. Is there a contract for working at McDonalds? Nope. WWE is obviously professional in this case, and once again, breach of contract should come into play.
    You can't sign a contract to be a slave and WWE would be in HUGE trouble if they tried it. At most he could get sued but not arrested, unless he doesn't pay any fine against him for a long time, but I can't see any court favouring WWE's arguement to be perfectly honest plus I doubt their contracts would state such.

Mostly contracts deny working for other companies or divulging company secrets / patents, if Punk is just sitting on his ass at home I'm pretty sure all WWE can do is fire him and / or not pay him.

More to the point if WWE had tried anything we'd have heard about it, but nothing has happened

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

You can't sign a contract to be a slave and WWE would be in HUGE trouble if they tried it.
    What do you think Vinnie Mac been doing for past 4 decades?

Quote Originally Posted by lovelywaz View Post
    What do you think Vinnie Mac been doing for past 4 decades?
    Staying in business lol