Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    dR www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    6,640

    Default Portions of WWE Over the Edge 1999 to Be Edited for the WWE Network

    Follow us on Social Media





    CBS Pittsburgh has published an article on WWE deciding to air the controversial Over The Edge 1999 pay-per-view on the WWE Network.

    WWE issued the following statement on Friday:

    “WWE Network will be airing the 1999 Over The Edge pay-per-view. However, portions of the event will be edited out of respect for Owen Hart.”

    Before the Royal Rumble last month, CBS spoke with Stephanie McMahon about Over The Edge 1999 and she said they had not made a decision at that time. Stephanie did confirm that Chris Benoit matches will be on the Network.

    Stephanie said:

    “They are incredible challenging decisions to make. At the end of the day, we try to do what’s right for our fans and we try to give them exactly what they want to see.

  2. #2
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Great they will show both the Over The Edge 1999 PPV and all Benoit matches. The people deserve it and Owen Hart and Chris Benoit wouldn`t have it any other way!


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  3. #3
    Junior Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine View Post
    Great they will show both the Over The Edge 1999 PPV and all Benoit matches. The people deserve it and Owen Hart and Chris Benoit wouldn`t have it any other way!
    Will Benoit be a part of WWE Network?

  4. #4
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Will Benoit be a part of WWE Network?
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    CBS Pittsburgh has published an article on WWE deciding to air the controversial Over The Edge 1999 pay-per-view on the WWE Network.

    WWE issued the following statement on Friday:

    “WWE Network will be airing the 1999 Over The Edge pay-per-view. However, portions of the event will be edited out of respect for Owen Hart.”

    Before the Royal Rumble last month, CBS spoke with Stephanie McMahon about Over The Edge 1999 and she said they had not made a decision at that time. Stephanie did confirm that Chris Benoit matches will be on the Network.

    Stephanie said:

    “They are incredible challenging decisions to make. At the end of the day, we try to do what’s right for our fans and we try to give them exactly what they want to see.
    So the Benoit matches will be on the WWE Network!


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  5. #5

    Default

    Benoit matches will be included with a special content warning.
    The Prince Is Here...

  6. #6
    Junior Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Benoit matches will be included with a special content warning.
    WARNING: This man killed his family, and then himself.
    That would be the stupidest thing to do.

  7. #7
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    WARNING: This man killed his family, and then himself.
    That would be the stupidest thing to do.
    No, there will be a content warning before the show that says that Benoit is in this show. I think it`s a great thing because you can watch Benoit his matches and from parents (or personal) perspective people can choose to not view this too there children of don`t watch it them self because of whatever reason. I think it`s the right thing too do because in spite of what he did, he was a WWE wrestler and a very good one so you can`t act like he didn`t exist. This way every person can choose for them self's and others if they will watch it.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    WARNING: This man killed his family, and then himself.
    That would be the stupidest thing to do.
    Well obviously it wont say that. But its nice to have a content warning for people like me who choose not to watch Chris Benoit matches anymore.
    The Prince Is Here...

  9. #9
    Junior Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Well obviously it wont say that. But its nice to have a content warning for people like me who choose not to watch Chris Benoit matches anymore.
    I just don't understand. Why should there be a warning in the first place? Murdering and wrestling are two different things. To completely get rid of the murder part, WWE should just take away the notice.

  10. #10
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    I just don't understand. Why should there be a warning in the first place? Murdering and wrestling are two different things. To completely get rid of the murder part, WWE should just take away the notice.
    Perhaps you should read my previous post in this thread


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  11. #11
    Junior Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine View Post
    Perhaps you should read my previous post in this thread
    Oops, I didn't see that post lol.

  12. #12
    Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,762

    Default




  13. #13
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dR SuperRocker View Post
    That`s a really really really bad comparison. Please stop posting this bs because it`s just offensive saying that the WWE compares Punk to Benoit. Yes they don`t treat Punk perfectly but they sure as hell don`t treat him as a murderer like Benoit.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •