Retired Staff

Arrow Anand Kumar laments "stolen script"

Follow us on Social Media

Anand Kumar, whose filmography includes 'Jugaad' and 'Delhi Heights', has alleged that his former associate Rajesh Chawla has "stolen his script".

Anand Kumar laments "stolen script"

Says Anand Kumar: "Rajesh was my childhood friend. I gave him a break in Bollywood. He worked as an assistant dialogue writer in 'Delhii Heights'. I had shared the story of 'ATM' with Rajesh and had asked him to write a screenplay for the same. He, however, failed to come up with a script. I recently came to know that he sold the story idea/script to Tandav Films of 'Khosla Ka Ghosla' fame. They have registered the movie under the title, 'Sharafat Gayi Tel Lene'."

Anand's 'ATM' (working title) was "the story of a person who on a visit to the ATM, discovers Rs. 400 crores in his account. He receives a call from an underworld don who gives him instructions on how to use the money in his account. How the money appeared in his account and what transpires form the rest of the story."

The director has registered a complaint with Film Writers' Association. The association has assured that they would take action once the shooting of 'Sharafat Gayi Tel Lene' is completed. He also plans to take legal action against Rajeev Chawla and Tandav films.

Anand has also garnered the support of friends from the film fraternity. He says he had discussed the script with Jimmy Sheirgill, who was willing to act and produce the movie. Says Sheirgill: "I had a meeting with Anand over ATM's script. The plot was brilliant and I was willing to do it. I am now saddened by the unexpected turn of events."

Actor Manoj Bajpai, producer Sandeep Kumar and Vicky Ranjani of Eros International have also come forward to support Anand Kumar's claim.

Anand laments that he feels cheated. "I dont want the money or the title now, but I will make sure that truth prevails," he says.