dR www.desirulez.net

Default WWE Signs Soccer Goalie from the United Kingdom to Developmental Contract

Follow us on Social Media

Stuart Tomlinson, an English former football (soccer) goalkeeper, is the latest former professional athlete to join World Wrestling Entertainment. Tomlinson, who recently appeared on the cover of Menís Health Magazine after working as a male model, has signed a developmental contract with WWE.

The Chester who retired following a knee injury last summer, met with WWE representatives during the company's European tour last month.

In response to messages of good luck from followers of his former football teams Tomlinson stated, ďBig thankyou for all the supportive msgs. #WWE #tomoOnTour."

"Looking forward to a new job @WWE Swapping two posts and a net, with four posts & ropes- USA bound ߇ڰ߇آ܈ߘ as of Tomorro #GIZTHAT #tomoOnTour"

Junior Moderator

I don't really understand why WWE signs non-wrestlers. Is a soccer goalie really gonna be useful, rather than an indie-wrestler?

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    I don't really understand why WWE signs non-wrestlers. Is a soccer goalie really gonna be useful, rather than an indie-wrestler?
    He's an athlete so he can get trained for Wraslin!

Most important thing is "charisma" or as they call it "it". If he has that then he sure can be a good asset to WWE.

Remember The Rock? he was in football too and moved to wrestling after some sort of a career ending injury. Imagine if he was not injured and stayed in Football

Super Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by lovelywaz View Post
    He's an athlete so he can get trained for Wraslin!

Most important thing is "charisma" or as they call it "it". If he has that then he sure can be a good asset to WWE.

Remember The Rock? he was in football too and moved to wrestling after some sort of a career ending injury. Imagine if he was not injured and stayed in Football
    The guy that ended up starting because of The Rock getting injured went on to the NFL and was inducted into Hall of Fame last month I believe. Warren Sapp is hisname, many other players on that roster went to the NFL too so The Rock was definitely looking at the NFL before his injury. Hurricanes were nuts in those days

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
    The guy that ended up starting because of The Rock getting injured went on to the NFL and was inducted into Hall of Fame last month I believe. Warren Sapp is hisname, many other players on that roster went to the NFL too so The Rock was definitely looking at the NFL before his injury. Hurricanes were nuts in those days
    I am not interested in NFL at all, the name you mentioned above is probably first time I've heard of

My point was about WWE hiring athletes instead of just indie wrestlers

Super Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by lovelywaz View Post
    I am not interested in NFL at all, the name you mentioned above is probably first time I've heard of

My point was about WWE hiring athletes instead of just indie wrestlers
    Google Warren Sapp and Dwyane Johnson it may interest u. I was replying to what u said about The Rock if he didn't get injured. If Rock didn't get injured he could have had major success in NFL if the guy who replaced him went on to be HOF in NFL. O well though because things worked out for Rock and in movies. If this goalie has passion he can make it, we shall see.