Banned www.desirulez.net

Thumbs up Exclusive interview with Imran Khan

Follow us on Social Media

[IMG]http://www.***************/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/imran_khan.jpg[/IMG]

Belonging to a famous Bollywood family that has been around for three generations now, Imran Khan pretty much had his career charted out since the start. From his debut in ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’ in 2008 to his upcoming release ‘Gori Tere Pyar Mein’, the young actor feels that every movie has helped him grow as an actor. In an exclusive interview with Bollywood3, Imran talks about his films and failures…

Q: Starting with ‘Gori Tere Pyar Mein’, the movie has a segment that is completely based in a village. Were you comfortable living in a village?

Ans: Well, completely. Very few people know the fact that when I was a kid, I used stay in a Gurukul, which was located in a small village named Geddai which is around 3 hrs away from Ooty. I studied there from age of 10 till about 15 and there was no electricity there and so we used to get water from the river, grow our own vegetables, cook our own food and wash our own utensils. So I am quite familiar with the life in villages.

Q: Did you say Yes to Punit Malhotra immediately after a script narration?

Ans: No. Infact it took a year for me to say yes. The reason being that I had not liked the second half of the film. The first half was good with all the romance and comedy but the second half was in the village and I thought it did not connect. I gave him a very hard time. I told him to do something like ‘I Hate Luv Storys’, but Punit wanted to do something different this time. So to impress me, he had to write three drafts and I kept rejecting them and it was only the fourth one that I liked.

Q: What is the movie about?

Ans: Well, it is a story of a boy, who changes himself for a girl. He even goes to a village and builds a bridge just to impress her. There is no social message in the movie, but the story has more heart. ‘I Hate Luv Storys’ was more superficial while this is more light hearted.

Q: Was Kareena the reason that you decided to star in the movie?

Ans: No, actually I was approached first and Kareena joined the cast at the last moment. Punit was actually planning on making a story with two heroes. He first wanted me and Saif in the lead.

Q: How much do you think you have grown as an actor since your debut in 2008?

Ans: I feel that as an actor, I learn with every single film of mine. It may seem weird, but doing a film like ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola’ has helped me in this film. So every film helps me to grow as an actor.

Q: Why did you back out of Milan Talkies?

Ans: Well, that was a very very personal reason and there was nothing professional and I am very happy I did it.

Q: Is your character in ‘Gori Tere Pyar Mein’ based on someone?

Ans: Well actually I am basically playing Punit Malhotra. He always rights characters based on himself. And I don’t know for a fact, but I think he write stories on his own relationships as well.

Q: You have worked in a number of romantic movies till date. So when you get an offer to star in a romantic film again, what are the parameters that you look for, so that it doesn’t become repetitive?

Ans: I don’t think about that. My only question is that will I watch the movie? Will I buy the ticket and watch it? My approach as an actor is just as an actor.

Q: You are also working as a Gujarati superhero in Vikram Aditya Motwane’s ‘Bavesh Joshi’.

Ans: No No! The news is absolutely untrue. It is a story of a rebel. A guy who feels that he is not happy with the way things are and wants to change the system. He has no superpowers at all. And also it is also set in Bombay.

Q: How was it working with Kareena again?

Ans: Since we have worked together earlier in ‘Ek Main Aur Ek Tu’, we had a headstart and we had more fun with the script and added a bit tadka on top.

With that we wrapped up our interview with Imran Khan.. keep watching *************** for more updates