Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Southern actors: Linguistic skills an asset

Follow us on Social Media

Southern actors are breaking the linguistic barrier. They say the ability to talk fluently in other languages help migrating within filmdom, getting meaty roles and performing better.
    Rahul Ravindran, Karthi Sivakumar and Naveen Chandra are some names making the best of their linguistic skills.
    For Rahul, speaking in a local language earns the respect of audiences.
    "Every actor should make an effort to learn the language they act in. Audiences like it when actors speak in the local language," Rahul told IANS.
    "They treat them with respect and love. I believe learning a language is a hygiene factor and it definitely helps one perform better.
    "When an actor is making efforts to learn a language, even directors and producers start taking him or her seriously. I remember, when I gave interviews for my debut Telugu film, I only mouthed few words of Telugu. But, today I can speak the language fluently. I'm dubbing in my own voice," he added.
    Rahul, who started his cinematic career in Tamil romantic-drama "Moscowin Kavery", is equally active in Telugu films.
    The actors whose films are being dubbed, they are also learning the languages too.
    The case in point is Tamil actor Karthi, who has dubbed in Telugu for most of his Tamil films. Interestingly, he has earned a decent fan base in Telugu as well.
    ...being a human...