Retired Staff

Default Arbaaz gets serious

Follow us on Social Media

Our films may be going global, but with Kisaan, Arbaaz Khan goes back to the roots of our Indian Cinema.

“The backdrop in Kisaan is very realistic, yet it isn’t a film based on reality. It does touch upon the troubles that farmers face, but it’s just one aspect of the film. The film is basically the story of a family of farmers. Where one son is able to acquire education whereas the other remains a farmer,” he says.

The movie produced by Sohail Khan Productions will be releasing this friday, and has Arbaaz and Sohail working together again. “The last film we did together was Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, which was more like how we are in real life. But Kisaan is a more serious drama,” he says.

With two brothers working together there’s bound to be some emotional bonding happening on the sets. “There was this one scene towards the climax of the movie. It brings forth the perspective of this city-returned brother. I remember the entire unit broke down when the scene ended,” he says.

Yes, he’s banking on this movie and says, “I’ve been apologetic for being part of certain movies. But as an actor, I'm proud to be associated with Kisaan. It’s entertainment with good content, albeit not too big a star cast! If for some reason it doesn’t work, I’ll still be content for having put my best foot forward and done a good film!”

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Thank You Very Much