Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default I've a man's ego in a lot of ways: Sonam Kapoor

Follow us on Social Media

Although she comes from a film family, Sonam Kapoor is determined to make her own identity without any help from her actor-filmmaker father Anil Kapoor as she feels that scope for growth under a banyan tree is bleak.
    "I feel there's very little that can grow under a banyan tree. So, I have tried to create my own path and I have very successfully done it - whether it's through my fashion or movies I choose," said the 28-year-old in a group interview.
    In her six years in the industry, with 11 films and hits like "Raanjhanaa" to her credit, Sonam has avoided taking a piggy-back ride on her dad's strong shoulders.
    "Very thoughtfully I tried not to do much with my father. It's a very selfish decision, as I just wanted my own identity. So even when 'Aisha' was produced, my sister (Rhea) produced it. It was her first film. I never asked my father to do this for me. I think I have a man's ego in a lot of ways," she said.
    "And also, I don't want to take away his hard work. If I don't do well and he has put in his money or name on me, then 40 years of his hard work goes down the drain because his daughter is a disappointment. So, I would rather fall down on my own and I don't want to take my dad with me," she added.
    From her 2006 debut film "Saawariya" to subsequent releases "Delhi-6", "Players" and "Mausam" -- all were box office disappointments. She says she was too young to understand a few things in the past.
    ...being a human...