Default Kofi's New Gimmick

Follow us on Social Media

Kofi Kingston has been written off from WWE TV, but everybody who knows something about Wrestling, knows that writing off is mostly a reason to repackage someone, or to prepare a turn.
    Kofi has all the skills to be a main eventer, but all he misses is a good gimmick, so these are the gimmicks that I think Kofi may return with...

Pure Kofi (Heel) - Just himself, but with an angry aggressive and fighting edge/spirit, very likely.

Cryme Tyme/Gangsta (Heel/Face) - He lived in Boston since he was around the age of 10, ok, pretty normal, but he also has the looks and skills to play a gangsta gimmick, teaming up with JTG as upper midcarders, "stealing" not only matches, but most of all titles and other stuff...

Priest/Religious Follower (Heel/Face) - With Ezekiel Jackson having nothing to do after he returns from his injury, this would be an option, but I don't really think this would be memorable, Zeke could gain more atttention with such an angle, Kofi wouldn't.

Voodoo (Heel) - My favorite, because it also (not racist meaned, I'm of half-African descent too) suites with his racial background, and having Kofi to form a stable with Kharma and someone from NXT would be the perfect way to get him over as a top heel, he has to be scary, gruesome and mean. Attacking the fan's "hero's" would gain fantastic heat, and cutting scary promo's would make his act one to love (or hate).

The New Nation of Domination (Uber-Heel) - This is a No-Go for WWE at this point, and the "Nation"-angle would cross all lines of PG-TV, but if something (frickin) awesome happens and WWE switches to TV-14 programming, this would be a greeeeaaaat angle, Mark Henry should reform the stable with (of course) Kofi Kingston, Big E Langston and some other talented Afro-American guys who need to get over...
    Problem-Point: Long-Time backstage worker for WWE and WCW Michael Hayes says there is a very racist culture against black people within WWE, he said that there are even WWE staff members who say there is no room for black people...

Just Good Ol'e Stale Kofi (Stale Face) - Very likely choice, typical WWE...

Star of the Month May www.desirulez.net

Honestly I don't care that much about Kofi and I don't think WWE will push him anytime soon but If they will I think a heel turn will be good.

Achievement List
    Master Of The Year 2012
    Star Of The Month May 2013
    Wrestler Of The Month February 2013

Wrestler of the Month July www.desirulez.net

Turn Him Heel And Don't Change His Gimmick

AchievmentsdR Wrestler Of The Month March 2013 I dR Wrestler Of The Month July 2013 I dR Star Of The Month May 2013 I 2x GFX League Champion

We want punk..........We want punk..........We want punk..........

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by hemafekho View Post
    Honestly I don't care that much about Kofi and I don't think WWE will push him anytime soon but If they will I think a heel turn will be good.
    agree
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

Wrestler of the Month - March www.desirulez.net

a heel turn will not be so succesfull on kofi.ok he can be bad but i'm not sure that he can embrace the evil like orton or kane.he last 2 are the guys who need a heel turn

21-1 time to riot

Junior Moderator www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by hemafekho View Post
    Agree. Heel Turn will be kinda good, and something new!

I think that Kofi, like certain other wrestlers IE Cody Rhodes, Drew Mcintyre, Sin Cara to mention a few, is a... let's say a "talent" who is not being used in a proper fashion than he should/should have been/be. To me there are plenty of championship/epic storyline material wrestlers but for some reason or two this is not happening to them.

Then again, you never know maybe they will be granted their special moments sooner rather than later. For example I believe CM Punk and Daniel Bryan not too long ago used to be in the same spot in the past and look at them now.

On a more overall scale though I believe this is a phase almost every single wrestler of the past has gone through if you take a look at the history of WWE. While some reach certain level of success faster than others, most never reach this certain level of success at all due to various of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&TazzatBoundForGlory12 View Post
    Crowd: 'WE WANT HEAD! WE WANT HEAD!'

Mike: What do you think of the chants? Seems like everybody here in Phoenix wants head.

Tazz: Well, it's a horny crowd.

Mike: What...?

Junior Moderator

I think should turn into a heel. Not a new gimmick though. Just heel new badass Kofi. He needs a WWE or WHC title reign.

Super Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by TJ the [email protected] View Post
    Problem-Point: Long-Time backstage worker for WWE and WCW Michael Hayes says there is a very racist culture against black people within WWE, he said that there are even WWE staff members who say there is no room for black people...

Just Good Ol'e Stale Kofi (Stale Face) - Very likely choice, typical WWE...
    Of course Michael Hayes would say that, he's the one who dropped the racial slur around Mark Henry and instead of kickin his dumb ass and gettin fired Mark got him in trouble with WWE. Hayes is the racist so screw him. Voodoo would be different and may work with his culture, isn't he Haitian or Jamaican? White paint on him would be cool. He needs help though if he is gonna be a heel

Wrestler of the Month JUNE www.desirulez.net

Kofi sucks, i always hated him, he can't wrestle

Achievements :
    dR Wrestler of the month June

Junior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas2321 View Post
    Kofi sucks, i always hated him, he can't wrestle
    He can't wrestle? He has skill? I don't think you've watched enough of him. He has charisma. He just needs a boost.

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

Yes I would like to see kofi Heel

Kofi is one of those unfortunate superstars who will stay in mid cards him whole career

Dont forget to say Thanks

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Best*In*The*World** View Post
    Kofi is one of those unfortunate superstars who will stay in mid cards him whole career
    Yep , agree with you , I don't think Kofi will ever advance .

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
    Voodoo would be different and may work with his culture, isn't he Haitian or Jamaican? White paint on him would be cool. He needs help though if he is gonna be a heel
    It's been said as such in the past but nowadays the announce and describe him as 'West African/Ghana'. Could be wrong though as I'm not entirely sure myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&TazzatBoundForGlory12 View Post
    Crowd: 'WE WANT HEAD! WE WANT HEAD!'

Mike: What do you think of the chants? Seems like everybody here in Phoenix wants head.

Tazz: Well, it's a horny crowd.

Mike: What...?

Kofi Kingston just needs to be booked properly as a face.

The guy is so over despite being booked like crap so one can only imagine how high he can go if booked right.

His moveset needs a radical change and they need to give him more of a reason for competing.

As of now, Kofi Kingston comes across as someone who is just happy to go out there and have any match and that is not right to me.

After all these years, Kofi Kingston deserves a real feud that will eventually lead to a huge moment in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyCreative View Post
    It's been said as such in the past but nowadays the announce and describe him as 'West African/Ghana'. Could be wrong though as I'm not entirely sure myself.
    You are right, he is from Ghana (I thought Accra, not sure), but he moved to the US as a kid.