Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

T

Default King of comedy is back!

Follow us on Social Media

David Dhawan, who ruled at the box-office through the 90s with his risqué lot of films, went missing from the marquee after Partner (2007).

“I just wanted to take a short break,’’ says DD, who is back with a Govinda-Sushmita Sen-Lara Dutta, Riteish Deshmukh flick Do Knot Disturb.

The buzz on the film is strong, and DD is a relieved man. He agrees that in the period that he took it easy—several film-makers like Priyadarshan, Neeraj Vohra and Rohit Shetty staked a claim to the king of comedy title, which is originally his. However, DD is not perturbed because, he truly believes that when it comes to entertainment, filmmakers like Manmohan Desai and he are big brands.

David will also wrap up his next movie Hook Ya Crook with John Abraham as soon as the actor’s foot heals completely.

Currently he has half a dozen producers at his doorstep asking him to green light their projects. However, the 58-year-old filmmaker wants to adopt a one-flick-at-a-time policy because, his son Rohit will soon be directing his first film with Akshay Kumar. His younger son Varun, who is currently assisting Karan Johar on My Name is Khan, will also be launched as an actor shortly. David says his boys don’t need his advice. However, he wants to be there for them through their debut projects.

The filmmaker, who is also a Salman Khan favourite, is likely to start his next film with this Khan soon. Talking of his fantastic equation with the two leading ladies of DKD, David says, “Lara, who has one of the best figures in showbiz, is also an amazing actress. And, Sushmita and I have worked well on several projects. If I had my way, I’d cast these women in more of my films. When a filmmaker shares a good rapport with his cast, it makes a project more exciting.”

He also feels that Riteish is an actor to watch out for. “He is currently one of the best guys in light-hearted roles.” What about his old favourite Govinda? “What about Govinda?” he repeats. “He has proven himself for two decades. He’s a gem of an actor.”
    Meena Iyer

Coolbie www.desirulez.net

T

thanks dear

Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

T

thanks for sharing