Administrator www.desirulez.net

Default I took training in sword fighting and horse riding to play Jodha: Paridhi Sharma

Follow us on Social Media

Paridhi Sharma, who has earlier been part of shows like Tere Mere Sapne and Ruk Jaana Nahi is all set to play the enchanting Jodha in Zee TVs Jodha Akbar (Balaji Telefilms).

In a chat with us, she speaks about her expectations from the project and more

I have a lot of expectations from this show and hence I am really working hard on it. The audiences have watched some well-known faces play Jodha earlier. Now it is my chance to try and convince them with my portrayal as the new Jodha, informed the actress.

She was selected as Jodha out of 7,000 girls who auditioned for this role. When asked how she looks at this, she answered, I did not know that they were auditioning people from all over India, but when I learnt about it, I was really happy. I am grateful to God, Ekta (Kapoor) mam and Zee TV for everything.

Paridhi, an MBA from Pune University, was always interested in acting but this is not what her parents wanted. Hence, she worked towards convincing them. I was always interested in acting but wasnt confident enough because my parents did not want me to get into this field. So, I convinced them and got into showbiz. I started with plays performing at Prithvi Theatre after which I bagged a few small roles in serials till the big break in Jodha Akbar, she averred.

Did the actress have to go through any training? Yes, I had to attend a lot of workshops that included training in sword fighting and horse riding, the actress quipped.

Since, Jodha is a princess she has to wear a lot of heavy jewellery. Hence, we asked Paridhi if she enjoys wearing them too, and she replied, Its frustrating to wear jewellery all the time as in real life I am very simple. But, for my role it is necessary.

Lastly, talking about her equation with her co-star Rajat Tokas, she observed, It has been a nice experience working with him till date. He is a trained and experienced actor and is also very co-operative. He likes discussing while before enacting the scenes. So, I think the experience will only get better in the future.

We hope you manage to make your place as Jodha in hearts and minds of the audiences!!!