Moderator www.desirulez.net

Default [Football] Casillas: I donīt hold a grudge against Mourinho

Follow us on Social Media

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas insists that there are no hard feelings towards new Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

The Portuguese boss favoured January signing Diego Lopez as his number one while in charge at the Bernabeu, with Casillas failing to make an appearance in the last five months of the season.

The decision to omit the club captain was unpopular with some sections of the Madrid fans, and drew criticism from other members of the squad.

But Casillas has refused to criticise Mourinho following his departure to the Premier League, and insisted that the 50-year-old was acting in the best interests of the club.

"I don't hold any grudge nor do I feel mistreated by him," Casillas said.

"He took the decisions which he thought were the best for the club and you need to respect that. I've nothing personal against him.

"Unfortunately, we weren't able to achieve our objectives in the Copa del Rey and Champions League in the end, but there's no point going on about that.

"Mourinho has embarked on a new journey and I wish him the best."

Mourinho signed off his tenure at Madrid with a 4-2 victory against Osasuna, and returns to Stamford Bridge to replace interim manager Rafael Benitez.