www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Aashiqui 2 makers laugh their way to the bank as box office collections top Rs 100 cr

Follow us on Social Media

Aashiqui 2, the Aditya Roy Kapoor-Shraddha Kapoor musical love story, has given its makers another reason to rejoice. The movie continues to rake in big moolah at the box office and has become the latest to join the Rs 100 crore club.

Released on April 26, the love story had emerged as the first super hit of 2013.

Made on a budget of Rs 12 crore, the film is a remake of the 1990 hit Aashiqui. Co-produced by Bhushan Kumar and Mukesh Bhatt under their banners T Series Films and Vishesh Films, the movie has been directed by Mohit Suri.

A lot for the movie's performance can be said from its opening figures. Despite releasing on the same day as Iron Man 3, Aashiqui 2 did brisk business and had earned over Rs 20 crore in the first three days itself.

Mukesh Bhatt is elated with the success of the movie and says they have set a trend with the film.

"I am very happy because I am the only producer who has given biggest blockbusters with newcomers... As a producer what can give me more joy than that," Bhatt told IANS.

T-Series chief managing director Bhushan Kumar is on seventh heaven too.

"With the blessing of my father Gulshan Kumarji, under the able guidance of Bhatt saab, and the dynamic pre-release efforts of my T-Series team in a limited period of three weeks, Aashiqui 2 has become a new landmark film with relatively new faces in the 100th year of Indian cinema," said Kumar in a statement.

Aashiqui 2 continues to score well on music charts till date, with its songs, especially 'Tum Hi Ho' and 'Sunn raha hai', building on their fan following till date.