Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Harry and Esther
04-16-2013, 07:45 PM #1
Harry and Esther
Harry and Esther are flying to Australia for a 3 week holiday to celebrate their 40th anniversary.
Suddenly, over the public address system, the Captain announces,"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am afraid I have some very bad news.
Our engines have ceased functioning and we will attempt an emergency landing.
Luckily, I see an uncharted island below us and we should be able to land on the beach.
However, the odds are that we may never be rescued and will have to live on the island for the rest of our lives."
Thanks to the skill of the flight crew, the plane lands safely on the island.
An hour later Harry turns to his wife and asks,
- Esther, did we pay our Kol
Nidre charity pledge to the Synagogue yet?
- No, sweetheart, - she responds.
Harry, still shaken from the crash landing then asks,
- Esther, did we pay our United Jewish Israel Appeal pledge?
- Oh, no! I'm sorry. I forgot to send the cheque, - she says.
- One last thing, Esther. Did you remember to send a check for the Jewish Care appeal this month?, - he asks.
- Forgive me, Harry,- begged Esther. - I was so excited about our holiday that I didn't send that one, either.
Harry grabs her and gives her the biggest hug and kiss in 40 years.
Esther pulls away and asks him:
- So, why did you kiss me?
Harry answers: - They'll find us!!.
The meaning of the name Akili is 'Wisdom, intellect, sense'. # 1000....