Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health Tip

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Default Keep a balance

Follow us on Social Media

If you play a sport that works one side of your upper body more than the other, tennis for example, your chest muscles may become imbalanced. Perform dumb-bell presses (on both sides) to isolate individual muscles and stretch to lengthen the muscles equally.

Default Add gradient to the treadmill

A flat treadmill isn’t the same as running in the park. A gradient, even as low as two per cent, will introduce a forward propulsive component, forcing you to work harder and coming closer to simulating ‘real’ running.

Default Plan ahead

Don’t leave it until you’re pulling on your shorts in the changing room to start planning your workout. Have a clear idea of what you’re going to do before you arrive. It builds anticipation and helps you work harder and more efficiently.

Default Power up

‘When most people work on their fitness they only really do one part – the endurance part,’ says former Olympic champion Daley Thompson. ‘They spend maybe 30-40 minutes on a running machine but would get much more benefit if they mixed it with some really high-intensity work. The crucial bits in sport come down to how you perform in short bursts – those half-seconds and milliseconds. But few of us actually work on those.’

Default Breathe properly

Most people don’t think about breathing and consequently end up inhaling and exhaling rapidly,’ says former Olympic cyclist John Howard. ‘This stimulates the flight-fight mechanism and is very inefficient. If you can elongate and control each exhalation, you can improve your cardiovascular conditioning.’

New Arrivals

Breathing is even more important when it comes to sports. specially for swimmers and bodybuilders

New Arrivals

High intensity interval training is the most importance of a workout

New Arrivals

yeah it is always better to run or jogging when it comes to your phyique. most people think threadmill in the gym will fix their obese

New Arrivals

i have eneven chest muscles. my gym instructor removed flat bench press and added machine bench press into my routine. what do you think about it ?

Wrestler of the Month JUNE www.desirulez.net

Default Does this actually make you lose weight?

My son has started doing these,so i wonder if they are actually useful,and how muuch weight he will lose by doing them in 1 week.
    Step 1 : Warm-up:
    Step 2 : Stretching:
    P Do them 3 times,first 15 , second 30,third 60 seconds
    Step 3 :
    Begin your program by doing three to five stations that are in some pre-designed order. Example: Jumping jacks, push-ups, squats without weight and front kicks, leg raises.

Station 1: Jumping jacks
    Station 2: Push-ups on dumbbells
    Station 3: Squats without weight
    Station 4: Front kicks
    Station 5: Leg raises
    Station 6: Rest
    Return to station 1
    Step 4
    Have some continuous exercise that will involve repetitive motion for 5-to-10 minutes. Example: Quicker paced jog, quicker paced exercise bike, bear crawl if you really want intensity.
    Step 5 :
    Usually this phase comprised of three to five exercises performed in any given order. These exercises are usually more intense than those used in the first phase. Examples: Jump squats with a small ball, clapping push-ups, standing lunges while holding two small dumbbells, bent-kneed sit-ups, Pilates table position.

Station 1: Jump squats with small ball
    Station 2: Clapping Pushup
    Station 3: Standing lunges while holding two small dumbbells
    Station 4: Bent-kneed sit-ups
    Station 5: Pilates table position (static)
    Station 6: Rest
    Return to Station 1

Achievements :
    dR Wrestler of the month June

dR Founders www.desirulez.org

exercise is good, you can do as many works outs as you can but to loose weight first step or thing would be watch what you eat.... my workout plan from which i lost plenty of weight.

watch what you eat only consume 1600 calories a day
    1 hour of running and total body workout

within 6 months i lost 10kg

but the key is a healthy diet

www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

i gained weight by exercise & 40% credit goes to supplements since i left exercise recently checked my weight, its 5-6 kg less compare to the weight i had during the exercise period * exercise maintain ur weight in a particular level

dR Founders www.desirulez.org

when you do weight lifting type of exercise, all the proteins in your body turn into muscle and it makes you gain weight as your muscles build, like i said key to loosing weight is your diet.

Wrestler of the Month JUNE www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by нαsн View Post
    when you do weight lifting type of exercise, all the proteins in your body turn into muscle and it makes you gain weight as your muscles build, like i said key to loosing weight is your diet.
    can you tell me a perfect,working diet that will make my son lose weight fast?

Achievements :
    dR Wrestler of the month June

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by нαsн View Post
    exercise is good, you can do as many works outs as you can but to loose weight first step or thing would be watch what you eat.... my workout plan from which i lost plenty of weight.
    Agree

•°·._.•β€$ţ ɨɲ ţh€ ώ๏яℓď•._.·°•

On Vacation

✪ƒєєℓ ƒяєє тσ яєρ✪
    ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮

´*•.¸ ¸.•*´

Tips on how to stay young...
    01. Laugh & have fun, don't be gloomy.
    02. Let bygones be bygones. Dwelling on the past inflicts unnecessary stress.
    03. Early to bed, early to rise, is healthy & wise.
    04. Stay lean, being just 30% overweight is bad.
    05. Keep learning, reading & socializing - an alert & active mind keeps brain cells healthy.
    06. Keep working, doing something you like. Don't retire. It slows down your body.
    07. Be the boss of your own life. Letting others push you around produces stress.
    08. Too many pills ruin your body. Take just what you need.
    09. Constantly alternating between weight gain & loss is bad.
    10. Exercise, quit smoking & eat less fatty foods.
    11. Do not worry about health or death, just get on with
    your life & enjoy it!
    Last edited by mightyghost; 02-20-2013 at 06:28 PM.

New Arrivals

Do daily exercise. Exercise is necessary. Small changes to your activity level can add up over the course of a day, and can start creation an impact on your weight within as little as a week. The key to quick weight apart from diet change is exercise are Walking, cycling and swimming are the best ways to lose weight.
    Eat healthy home cooked meals, Use less oil, low salt, fresh produce, and you'll start seeing results in no time.
    Avoid the junk food like that sodas, cookies, ice cream, pizzas, and other fattening and highly processed foods.
    Drink massive quantities of water and as much unsweetened iced tea, tea, diet sodas, coffee or other low-calorie beverages as you like. Do not drink milk, normal soft drinks, or fruit juice.
    Eat vegetables and fruits. They are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber and they’re low in calories.

New Arrivals

I think cardio exercises and yoga workout are the best ways to improve the body balance and body strength.
    I am doing some cardio exercise and yoga exercise in my daily workout, it helped me a lot to improve my body strength and balance.
    Last edited by Akili; 04-11-2013 at 07:04 PM.

New Arrivals

Yes these workouts can be helpful to lose the weight and build the muscles.
    If you do some cardio exercise and take raw veggies & protein diets along with these workouts, it can bring excellent results for you.
    Last edited by Akili; 04-11-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Default Health and Fitness

1) When traveling, to maintain your exercise regimen try the following: Pick a hotel that has a gym, but if that’s not possible buy a guest pass at a local gym for a nominal fee. Also, travel with resistance tubing. It’s cheap, light weight and in conjunction with your own body weight resistance you can get a thourough full body workout even in the smallest of hotel rooms.

2) If you have the means, consider a healthy meal-delivery program. This takes all the guesswork out of weight loss & weight management. A great, fresh, gourmet, national, calorie-controlled, food-delivery program is Freshology. Freshology has gotten me through the busiest days and the craziest schedules without gaining a pound. They will even deliver to at a hotel which allows you to stay trim when on the road.

3) Sleep. Find a way to get more of it! Sleep will not only help you trim down your waistline but it will enhance your overall health exponentially. Schedule in sleep hours like you would schedule important meetings and prioritize it. Do not compromise sleep. 7-8 hours a night is ideal. You’ll notice that you not only feel better, but you will perform better at work.

4) Creating time for exercise with your busy schedule is crucial to maintain a healthy body and a sharp mind. Try to block out a minimum of four 30 – 60 (minute) exercise sessions a week. What I do is get one session in on the weekend, one session in on the lunch hour, one in the morning before work, and one in early evening after work.

5) Multitask. Although this is not ideal, I have been guilty of it many times and for busy people it can be a necessary evil.

Carry on business conversations while you’re climbing stairs on the StairMaster.
    Answer e-mails while peddling away on the bike.
    Read or dictate business proposals and briefs while you’re busting it on the treadmill. You get the idea.

6) Motivation. Often with ambitious business people, fitness can fall by the wayside. You must appreciate the transcendent power and effect of physical health and strength on your personal and professional affluence and wellness. In order to make and keep your physical health a top priority write down all the benefits fitness will provide in all facets of your life. From boosting confidence, to increasing energy, to rocking a power suit. Whatever your reasons, post them around your home and office then refer to them when you feel like skipping out on your workout.

7) Find creative ways of getting more activity while you’re working. For example: wear a headset and pace while on conference calls. Standing burns twice as many calories as sitting. Also, try the obvious clichés – deliver email messages to coworkers in person, take the stairs not the elevator, get up from your desk and stretch every hour on the hour. Although this is no substitute for a regular exercise regimen, it’s better than nothing at all.

8) Business lunch and dinners can be a tremendous threat to your weight-loss or weight-management regimen. Here are a few strategies to help get you through:

Pick a healthier restaurant so, at the very least, you’ll have low-calorie options.
    Schedule business dinners earlier in the day to avoid consuming high-calorie meals right before bedtime. In addition, an earlier meal is lends itself less to cocktails which will save you tons of calories. Also, If you’re imbibing, choose alcoholic beverages without high-calorie mixers like vodka/soda water, a glass of wine, tequila on the rocks or a martini.
    9) Never compromise your regular check ups. Early detection is key in the prevention of nearly every medical condition, from heart disease to cancer to bone loss. Make sure your assistant schedules these appointments in your calendar in pen.

10) As a professional you should truly appreciate the importance of this message: Knowledge is power. Educate yourself on calorie counting and label reading so you can make informed choices that effect powerful results and positive change. I suggest a calorie-counting app on your phone or a $6.00 pocket calorie counter that you can travel with anywhere and everywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast