Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Shootout...will be a step ahead in my career: Sonu Sood

Follow us on Social Media

Sonu Sood, who enthralled one and all with his effective portrayal as Chhedi Singh in Dabangg has no looking back after the success of the film. The actor with great physique and intense voice is all set to entertain his fans as Dawood Ibrahim in Shootout At Wadala. Sonu in a candid conversation with TOI, speaks about the film, his career, Ekta as a producer and his experience essaying negative characters.

In Shootout At Wadala, you are playing Dawood Ibrahim. Do you think it's a huge responsibility?
    Yes, there is a responsibility with every role. I read book based on him and went on internet to do a detailed research about him. I spoke to people around to know about him.

Now, your character name has been changed to Delawar Ibrahim Kaskar. What's the reason behind it?
    In the course of shooting, we shot few incidents which were not real. There was some fiction that went into the making and that's how we thought to change the name of the character I was playing.

When you agreed to sign the film, do you thought that you could get threatening calls from Dawood's loyalists?
    There is a certain creative liberty that one needs. I never thought before signing the movie as an actor one needs to do different characters.

Tell us something about your experience with Ekta as a producer?
    Ekta Kapoor is the best to work with. She understands cinema and sits with the actors to know about their input over the characters they portray.

Do you enjoy playing negative roles?
    Negative roles have more scope than positive roles. There is humor attached to it and you can take them to another level. Dabangg played an important role in my career and Shootout At Wadala will be a step ahead in my life.