Banned www.desirulez.net

Default People should be taught to respect women: Yana Gupta

Follow us on Social Media

Yana Gupta who was in the city recently, shooting for a song for her upcoming film, 'Dussehra' said that she is excited about her item number in the film. "It's a fun and peppy number sung by Mamta Sharma and has an infectious vibe to it. The song has a North-Indian tadka to it and I am sure the audience would love the song," she added.

The actor who was part of a dance reality show and is also known for her dance number Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo rubbishes the fact that item numbers are objectification of women. "It's like saying action films leads to violence. There are so many elements which lead to rape and violence against women. Even today women have to pay dowry to marry a guy. If we look back, there are so many instances where women are looked down upon men. The mindset needs to change and people should be taught to respect women," she said.

Talking on the personal front, Yana admitted that she is in a relationship. "I am seeing somebody who is from the UK. He is half-Indian, half-Irish. I would like to get married by next year, but he needs to propose to me officially," she smiled.

Yana who was previously dating choreographer Salman Khan, added that she would like to settle down in a small city where she is "close to nature". "I want to settle down in life and have kids. But I don't want to make Mumbai my home," she signed off.