Moderator www.desirulez.net

Default [Cricket] Lyon delights in five-wicket haul

Follow us on Social Media

Nathan Lyon revelled in a day to remember after the Australian spinner claimed five wickets on day two of the fourth Test in Delhi.

A resurgent Lyon took 5-94 as the tourists restricted India to 266-8 in their first innings on Saturday, a lead of just four runs heading into day three.

Lyon claimed the prized scalps of Cheteshwar Pujara (52), Sachin Tendulkar (32) and Virat Kohli (1) in his best performance since last year's Test match against India in Adelaide, where he recorded figures of 4-63.

"All five wickets were special to me," Lyon told reporters at the end of play on Saturday. "Every wicket was special to me.

"Playing against the likes of Tendulkar and Kohli, you always strive to get their wickets. I am quite happy with each one of them.

"I really enjoyed myself out there. I felt confident and put my team in the contest. It is definitely up there with one of the days I'll remember."

Lyon was at the top of his game at Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, bowling 22 consecutive overs.

And the 25-year-old would not have it any other way.

"I love bowling in long spells which I did today," he said. "It allows me to get my rhythm.

"As far as my performance is concerned, Shane (Watson) told us to get in to the contest, that's one thing which worked for all of us. His advice helped me in getting five wickets.

"Also, we were bowling in partnerships, building pressure on the opposition, that's one thing which we failed to do in the last three Tests."

Heavily criticised for their timid approach throughout the India tour, Australia turned back the clock with ruthless cricket.

Opening batsman David Warner and India captain MS Dhoni were involved in a heated confrontation and had to be separated as tempers threatened to boil over late in the day.

The war of words seemed to unsettle India and Lyon believes the Aussies are often at their best when pushing the limits.

"Australia plays cricket hard but fair, we push it to the line but we don't go over it," he added.

"We push it to the limit and that's the way we play our best cricket.

"That's probably something we haven't done over the last three Test matches and I think we saw the reward in putting India under a bit of pressure."