Banned www.desirulez.net

Default My directors have never thought of the 100 crore club: Rajkumar

Follow us on Social Media

Eight films old, Rajkumar Yadav sprung back with Kai Po Che. In a short span of just two years, Yadav is going big and grabbing the best piece of cake. An FTII Pune graduate, though a struggle was part of his destiny, going the way he is, Yadav might just be the next best thing in B-Town characters. In an interaction with TOI, the self brooding actor talks about what makes up his kind of films...

Kai Po Che had great expectations before its release. Are you happy with the reactions?
    Oh! It was a wonderful experience. We worked as a team together to make this film and I think this film did strike the right chord...team effort is quite visible.

You've worked with a host of directors before. How was it working with Abhishek Kapoor?
    I think he is as genius a filmmaker as Dibaker Bannerjee or Anurag Kashyap. He's so passionate about his craft, and works so hard to make a good film. I've seen him directing all his energy towards his film and as actors he gave us the responsibility, and the freedom, that we desire. As actors there is nothing more that anyone can ask for.

You have done some very offbeat films earlier. Is working on a mainstream commercial venture, like Kai Po Che, any different?
    I don't really categorize film that way. I don't believe in commercial and offbeat as a genre. For me, either it's a good film or a bad one. And I guess, what you call offbeat, were also commercial movies. People saw them in huge numbers and producers made a lot of money. Aren't those the parameters of a commercial film? As for me, the process as an actor remains the same in both genres, frankly. I don't have to prepare differently for an offbeat film. I'm the same actor, whatever the genre of movie is.

Is it hard to stay grounded with all the accolades and posters flashing your stardom? I don't think that kind of stardom has occurred so far. Mine is a small beginning and I still have a long way to go. I want to do so much. And I want to keep challenging myself with different roles and characters. Also, I'm very neutral about every film I do. I'm an actor at the end of the day and I want to be known just as that.

From Adarsh in LSD to Govind in Kai Po Che...you've come a long way...
    I feel really lucky to have worked with some really talented, dynamic filmmakers. And the beauty about all of them is that they don't think of 100 crores or, proving a point. I just hope I keep doing similar kind of good work.

Your Kai Po Che co-star Amrita very candidly confessed in a recent interview that she would like to date you? Is there something brewing off-screen?
    (Laughs) Amrita is paired opposite me in the film. We have a love story in it and I'm very proud of it (he beams). So, along with bhaitana there is a love track too...that's all.

When do we see you next on screen?
    I've finished two films. One is Shahid, a biopic directed by Hansal Mehta and produced by Anurag Kashyap, slated for release in June/July. The other is Queen with Kangana Ranaut which is ideally a love story but it has a different take on love.