Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default US honour for Nirbhaya will keep the incidence fresh, says Sonam

Follow us on Social Media

Actress Sonam Kapoor got emotional while talking about Nirbhaya, the gangrape victim who will be honoured by US first lady Michelle Obama. She said the honour will not allow people to forget the incident soon.
    "Every time I talk about it, I get teary-eyed. It becomes very difficult for me to talk about it. Doing something like this to any man, woman or animal is deplorable. To honour someone, who was courageous and fought a battle, is brilliant," Sonam told reporters here.
    The 23-year-old, who was brutally gang-raped and tortured in the Indian capital, died in December last year.
    Nirbhaya is among 10 extraordinary women who will be honoured on the occasion of the International Women's Day Friday with the Secretary of State's International Women of Courage Award by Michelle Obama in Washington, US.
    Nirbhaya will be awarded posthumously and Sonam said it will give give "publicity" to her, which is needed "because people tend to forget it".
    "When something like this (rape) happens, there is a lot of hue and cry, but later it is forgotten. This honour will make the incidence fresh in our memory," she added.
    The 27-year-old was in the capital Thursday to announce the second edition of L'Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards 2013.
    ...being a human...