Banned www.desirulez.net

Default It was challenging to play a romantic at 60: Rishi Kapoor

Follow us on Social Media

In David Dhawan's upcoming flick 'Chashme Baddoor', Rishi Kapoor will be seen as a retired sailor who is a bachelor. Playing a die hard romantic, the veteran actor will sport tattoos and ride a Harley-Davidson. Rishi says he is not interested in playing typical father roles anymore and wants to put his versatility to test.

In Chashme Baddoor, the challenge, says the 60-year-old actor, was to play a romantic. "It is something I was known for in my prime. Joseph Furtado, my character, is retired and lives in Goa where he discovers love. He falls for Josephine played by Lilette Dubey. The three guys, Ali Zafar, Siddharth and Divyendu, take advantage of the couple," he says.

Rishi's look in the film has been inspired by Sunny Leone's husband Daniel Weber, who sports a stubble and has tattoos all over. He says, "I told David that this is the look I want and he was okay with it. I wanted my character to appear loud and ostentatious and so got tattoos of a bikini-clad woman and anchor on my hand. I even learnt a bit of Konkani."

So, does he like tattoos? Rishi says, "It's an absolute no. I know for a fact that many people repent and want to do away with their tattoos. It is all marketing and hype and nothing else. Also, tattoos stand out on fair and not wheatish complexion. God has given you a body, why spoil it?" As Joseph Furtado, Rishi will even do tap dancing. "It was after long that I danced before the camera. And since I am heavy now, my knees went for a toss. I was in agony by the end of it," he laughs.

Chashme Baddoor, produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, releases on April 5.