Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default 'Hairstyling as profession gaining respect around world'

Follow us on Social Media

He has styled the hair of film stars like Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor, creating a niche for himself in the field. Celebrity stylist Aalim Hakim now feels proud to see his profession getting respect around the world.
    "I think hairstyling as a profession has changed immensely. Hairdressers are becoming celebrities. Also, creative satisfaction is there so parents want their kids to be hairdressers, unlike past. It was more of a time-pass thing a few years back, but now many people want to get into creative field whether it is hairdressing or designing," the 38-year-old Aalim told IANS.
    Today, Aalim has salons across the globe, in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Dubai, by the name of Hakim's Aalim Hair n' Tattoo Lounge.
    Aalim had initially harboured a dream of becoming an actor, but eventually realized that his passion lay in making others look good.
    "I was a child when my father passed away and my uncle initiated me into the profession. However, during my college days, I was confused about what do and there was a time when I wanted to be an actor," he said.
    ...being a human...