Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default I don't want to be accessory in films: Amrita Puri

Follow us on Social Media

Be it a 'chick flick' like "Aisha" or a 'bromance' like "Kai Po Che!", actress Amrita Puri doesn't mind being a supporting actor, but says she is careful about staying away from movies in which she just gets to be an "accessory".
    "Bollywood continues to be a male-dominated, a hero-centric industry. That is the reason why I have been picky about my roles and prefer to keep gaps in between each film that I do. I don't want to be just an accessory in films, so I must have an integral and meaty role in whatever I get," Amrita told IANS.
    Then wasn't choosing a film like "Kai Po Che!", about three male friends, a hard choice?
    "It wasn't a hard choice at all! I was more than happy with it because Gattu (Abhishek Kapoor) was on top of my list of the directors I wanted to work with, and then the role is fantastic! I was in no dilemma about this one at all," said the 29-year-old, who played a small town girl in her debut film "Aisha", and was then seen as a housewife in "Blood Money".
    ...being a human...