Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Sabyasachi aims to make brand affordable

Follow us on Social Media

If you ever thought of flaunting traditional yet contemporary designs by celebrated designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee, and the price tags put you off, don't fret. He says he is planning to cater to the Indian masses with an affordable line.
    "Getting into mass market is the plan I have for India since a very long time. In fact, I am slowly growing my market and I think in the next three or four years, almost everybody in India who are from some average bracket, will be able to afford Sabyasachi," Mukherjee told IANS.
    Known for his neo-traditional designs, he has also designed costumes for Bollywood films like "Babul", "Laaga Chunari Mein Daag" and "Raavan", and he provides to a star clientele including actresses like Aishwarya Rai, Vidya Balan and Rani Mukerji.
    The designer, who made his TV debut with the second season of "Band Baajaa Bride With Sabyasachi" last year, is back with another season. Featuring 13 lucky brides getting a head-to-toe makeover from a team of experts, supervised by Mukherjee, the show will go on air on NDTV Good times starting Saturday.
    The response, he says, is great.
    ...being a human...