Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Kai Po Che chose me: Abhishek Kapoor

Follow us on Social Media

Abhishek Kapoor's venture Kai Po Che comes from the director's kitty after a four year gap. Abhishek's last film was Rock On! that released in 2008. Now with Kai Po Che, he's ready to launch new talent and work on fresh ideas and themes.

Talking about this ambitious project Abhishek says, "After Rock On! I took a 6 month break and it took me a long time to adapt the script of The 3 Mistakes of My Life. It was my dream to make this film as I wished for people to see it. I didn't know it would take so long but it happens. This is not a rat race where you judge who comes first. It's important that the film should be good whether it takes six months or six years. Hopefully next time I'll be faster".

Further sharing, "Adapting the book to the silver screen can be quite tricky as it can go in different directions. When you get down in the water, you learn swimming. It's a very intense subject so it was not an easy task. We removed something and added something so by the end we had a new entity. In terms of content, it's quite original. The film talks about love, politics, religion, friendship and the Gujarat earthquake".

Rock On! and Kai Po Che has one similarity both the films talk about friendship. "There were so many elements in Kai Po Che so we chose friendship as a theme. But that was not a conscious decision in Rock On! Both my films happen to share the same theme. That's all. Kai Po Che chose me."

Stressing on the title of the film Abhishek explains, "Kai Po Che means victory call. It holds a lot of importance on Gujarat. When you cut someone's kite, there's a different thrill and it sounds nice when you scream Kai Po Che. I instantly knew this would be the title of my film. Metaphorically also it suits the film".

The film will be premiered at the Berlin Film Festival this year before its India release on February 22 2013.