Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Let me get back to doing what I do best, making movies:SRK

Follow us on Social Media

Shahrukh Khan finds himself unnecessarily dragged and embroiled in a controversy clearly created by those in power. SRK's interview in Outlook Turning Points magazine (The Global Agenda 2013), published in association with The New York Times created quite a stir.

Titled Being A Khan- the Badshah of Bollywood in this interview speaks about being a Muslim in India which was clearly misconstrued by many to the extent that Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik went on to say that "the Indian government should provide security to actor Shahrukh Khan".

Now a trending topic on a social networking site, SRK took a strong and clear stance on the issue, clearing misconceptions and releasing a statement to the media. Says Shah Rukh, "With regards to my article in the magazine that has taken an unwarranted twist. I do not even understand the basis of this controversy. Ironically the article I wrote (yes it's written by me), was actually meant to reiterate that on some occasions my being an Indian Muslim film star is misused by bigots and narrow minded people who have misplaced religious ideologies for small gains. And ironically the same has happened through this article once again".

Further saying in his statement, "The reason for this primarily is I think some of the people have not even read it and are reacting to comments of people, who in turn have also not read it. So I implore you all to first read it. Second if you read it, nowhere does the article state or imply directly or indirectly that I feel unsafe, troubled or disturbed in India".

"Some of the views that I have been made to read are just extension of soft targeting celebs and creating an atmosphere of emotional outbursts and divisiveness based on religion in the minds of some. I implore everyone to understand that my article is against exactly this kind of giving in to propaganda and aggressiveness. Let's not be misled by tools which use religion as an anchor for unrest and a policy of divide and rule... it is sad that I have to say it to prove it, in my country , which my father fought for during the independence struggle".

Shah Rukh gives due credit to audiences for being where he is today. "The love that I receive here and whatever I am, my kids are and whatever my identity, it's because of all the love I have received and the chance to work in films. When I measure that in comparison, all the controversies look very, very small. Thank you all for the loving me so much that I can bite over all these silly, stupid, nonsensical controversies that come in my life", says ShahRukh.