Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Rajinikanth urges protesters to give up demand to ban 'Vishwaroopam'

Follow us on Social Media

Even as Kamal Haasan's 'Vishwaroopam' is facing problems releasing in Hyderabad and Bangalore, his friend of 40 years and Tamil superstar Rajinikanth has appealed to the protesters to give up their demand to ban the movie.

In a two-page statement, Rajini expressed his unhappiness about the developments that led to an effective ban of the movie in Tamil Nadu that seems to be affecting its screening in other places as well.

"I am sad about the problems of 'Vishwaroopam'. Kamal's screening of the movie for Muslims before its theatrical release shows his love and regard for them. I request Muslim brothers to discuss with Kamal to make changes without affecting the storyline," he said.

This is the first prominent support that Kamal Haasan has received from the Tamil Industry ever since controversies dogged the movie, whether over its content or a proposed DTH premiere.

"I am upset about the hardship Kamal underwent to invest Rs 100 crore for the movie. We should understand how much he would have suffered. Kamal is an extraordinary artist who took Tamil cinema to international arena. I know Kamal for 40 years and he won't hurt the feelings of anyone," said Rajini, adding that a rethink by the protesters is needed on the holy day of Milad-un-Nabi on Friday.

Both Tamil Nadu and Pudhucherry governments banned the movie recently. Kamal Haasan's production company approached the Madras High Court on Thursday and it instructed that movie should not be released till January 28. The judge will watch the movie on Saturday and take a final decision. The movie was released worldwide on Friday.