Banned www.desirulez.net

Default It was difficult to play dumb in Race 2: Ameesha

Follow us on Social Media

After a dull phase in Ameesha Patel's career, 2013 seems to bring light of hope for the actress as she is all geared up for her big films this year. In a conversation with TOI, Ameesha talks about her upcoming film, her experience with the Race brand and her future.

How did Race 2 happen?
    I was familiar with the producer and director Abbas-Mustan. I worked with them in the past and when the producer called me two years back for the film, Race didn't need an introduction. They told me to listen to the script and when they told me to play a dumb blonde character, it seemed challenging.

What would you say about your character Cherry in Race 2?
    I play a dumb character and I found it really difficult. I had to maintain that thin line between dumb and being extremely irritating for the audience. I had to make sure that there is no over acting as it's really difficult to play dumb when you are intelligent. It might be a smaller role as compared to others, but it has an impact.

Jacqueline Fernandez, Deepika Padukone and you together on the sets. Were there times when you girls didn't agree on things and were cat-fights?
    We all had defined characters and Race 2 is battle between the men. So, we all knew what role we had to play. So competition is always there in films. All we had to do is look good and give the best on-screen. With a brand like Race 2, it's going to be entertaining as Abbas-Mustan films have great music, stunts and amazing locations.

Celebs find multi-starrer to be a safer bet. However, you have given your biggest hits as solo actress. What's you take on it?
    Yes, I have done films like Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai, Gadar: Ek Prem Katha and Humraaz and also multi-starrer like Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic, Elaan and now Race 2. I have been a part of films where I am not central character, but have left a mark. I am a very secure person. My film Shortcut Romeo with Neil Nitin Mukesh is a solo film and even Desi Magic where I play a double role will be the most challenging role of my career.

You have worked with Saif even in the past. How is the experience? Did you perform any kind of stunts in the film?
    Anil Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan were a blast to work with. I have worked with Saif in Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic and he is a great actor and very supportive. There are stunts in the film as it's a Abbas-Mustan movie, but I had no stunts to perform. As I said, I have to act dumb all the time in the film.

You have done different kind of roles. What's your comfort zone?
    I don't have a comfort zone and its doing different roles every time. I am fortunate that I can also do variety of roles and people accept me in different roles. I think that's the challenging part of films and so I don't want to be comfortable. I have miles to go.