Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Sona Spa a satire on status of women: Naseer

Follow us on Social Media

Naseeruddin Shah starrer Sona Spa based on Makrand Deshpande's play by the same name is set to release soon.

Naseeruddin plays the character of Baba Dayanand and believes the film to be a satire on many things. Says the actor, "Firstly it is a satire on the godmen of the country which is what my character is. The film's also a gentle reminder of the flesh trade, sex workers and the corporate attitudes. Somewhere it's making a statement on the status of women. Girls hired to sleep are always female, not men and depicting that in the film is intended".
    What prompted Naseer to sign the film was director Makarand Deshpande himself. "When Makarand makes a film, audiences get an outlet. He has an out of the box thinking and an uncanny ability to create startling visuals. He always does that in theatre. He's very passionate about theatre and cinema and I'm waiting to see what the audience makes out of it. Sona Spa is a good adaptation of the play. It doesn't have the look of a play where two characters are talking to each other and its being shot. It's a very cinematic movie. The film has a stream of consciousness kind of writing. When I saw the play I found myself thinking quite a lot".