Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Gangs Of Wasseypur changed my life: Jaideep Ahlawat

Follow us on Social Media

On his recent visit to the Indore, actor Jaideep Ahlawat got talking with us about how difficult life is for outsiders in Bollywood, and his fascination with Indore.

"More than being a star, I want to be an actor. This may sound cliched but that is how it is. I too wish that wherever I go there's a mob of thousand people to meet me, par uske liye I need to put in some efforts. Unlike star kids, we do not have the liberty to do anything and be famous. Even after my film Khatta Meetha, I was jobless for a year. So, for outsiders like us, the film industry tests you at every moment," Jaideep says, who was recently seen in Gangs Of Wasseypur.

Talking about his struggling days as an actor, he reveals, "After completing my education from Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, I spent my day going door to door from one production house to the other to get a break in films. Then Khatta Meetha came my way, jismein meri performance theek-thaak thi. After that, Chittagong and Gangs Of Wasseypur happened, that changed my life. Gangs Of Wasseypur was a confidence booster for me."

The Haryana lad says he is impressed with the bindaas attitude of Indoreans. "A very dear friend of mine from FTII hails from Indore and during those days, he used to brag a lot about his city, especially about the namkeen, daal-baati and the bindaas attitude of Indoreans. We used to be like 'itna kya khaas hai tere sheher mein?' But after coming here, I have realised what's so special about Indore, it is just fantastic. My friend was right. This city exudes positive vibes and I love the atmosphere here. I called up my friend and said, 'bhai, maaf kar de, tera sheher sach mein bahut achha hai'. I look forward to visiting this wonderful city again sometime soon."