Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Shomshuklla Das aims for nominations at film fests

Follow us on Social Media

Well-known theatre personality Shomshuklla Das, who won critical acclaim for the play 'We Draupadis and Sitas', is upbeat about her Hinglish venture 'Sandcastle' that marks her debut as a film director. The movie, she says, is the voice of today's Indian women.

"The women of today are a far cry from the women of the 60s and even 90s for that matter. My film shows them in a new light women of changing India," she tells us. The director is expected to send her first film to various international film festivals. "Having been officially asked to send across my film by the selection committee in the"UK itself is an achievement for me. They watched my film and I am now completing the nomination formalities for the Edinburgh Film Festival, Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in Europe, South by Southwest Film Festival, Boston Independent Film Festival, Seattle International Film Festival, San Francisco Film Festival and Tribeca Film Fesitval in the US. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for nominations at all of them," she concludes.

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Thanks for sharing
    Do you know Richard Cheese?