Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Id like to take my last breath on stage: Lillete Dubey

Follow us on Social Media

Her passion for theatre remains unrivalled, even as Lillete Dubey prepares to direct her first Bollywood film. Not surprisingly, it's an adaptation of a Girnish Karnad play

The new year has begun on just the right note for theatre personality, Lillete Dubey. "I will finally be directing my first movie," informs Lillete excitedly, adding, "The movie is based on Girish Karnad's play, Wedding Album. It has been my dream to direct a movie and since I have been so active in theatre, I will be adapting a play into a movie."

The ball's been set rolling. "I have finally paid a handsome amount to screenplay writer Bhavani Iyer, who has written for films like Black and Guzaarish, to write the screenplay for my movie. Ab ek baar paisa de diya, toh I will have to make the movie. Nothing can stop me now," she says with finality.

Ask her about the cast of the movie and Lillete replies, "Since my daughter Ira has been playing the main lead in the play, I am planning to cast her as the lead in the movie too. About the other cast, I will decide soon."

Another exciting project in Lillete's life is her role in Abhay Deol's maiden production. "The movie is titled One By Two, Abhay plays the lead in it. He's really upbeat about his maiden film as a producer and so am I; I have a substantial role in it," she says. That's not all. Lillete will be romancing Rishi Kapoor in the remake of Chashme Buddoor. "Oh! It's been my dream to romance him," she gushes while talking about the project. "And yes, there is another film with Mithun Chakraborty. It's going to be a year of romancing the oldies in the industry," she laughs.

Apparently, there's never a dull moment in Lilette's life, whether it's her professional or her personal life. "My daughter Neha is getting married this year. It is the first wedding in our house and I am quite excited about the shaadi," she shares.

But as far as striking a balance between her hectic professional life and personal life goes Lilette, who was in town for a theatre fest, has it all chalked out. "I have been married for 30 years now and you know what, I recently told my husband that the shelf life of our marriage is over now. Thirty years is a long time. I now want to devote my time to my first love theatre. I would really like to take my last breath on the stage...lights out, boots on!" she says.

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Thanks for sharing
    Do you know Richard Cheese?