Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Indian parents don't see sports as profession: SRK

Follow us on Social Media

Demonstrating true sportsman's spirit and enthusiasm, superstar Shah Rukh Khan backs sports as a profession. He says it should be considered a good job opportunity and that parents must be educated about how games can be a viable career option for their children.
    "Parents will always be wary of sports as a profession and I don't see why they should not be...Parents will have to see that there is a job opportunity here," he said at the launch of Toyota university cricket championship held here Thursday.
    Owner of Kolkata Knight Riders Indina Premier League (IPL) team, he added: "I am a big speaker of sports as a commercial success. Parents should know that it can be a salary job. Your kids will be proud of you."
    A sports lover, the 47-year-old is willing to support every sport in the country.
    "My movies has given me the position of a brand ambassador of a certain caliber. I would like to utilize it in whatever way possible for the sports," he said.
    "I actually would like to be the brand ambassador of any sport in the country. I am good at sports. I love sports. I like cricket. Hockey is the best game in the world," he added.
    However, what bothers him is that even today children can't confidently say that "they want to be a professional sportsman".
    "In the last 25 years, because of the advent of technology, story writers and all, a lot of people want to be in media and films. The age of conventional jobs is over.
    "But I think we have not reached that stage in our country where children can come up and say I want to make sports my job and be a professional sportsperson," he added.
    ...being a human...