Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Vir Das to play an intense role in Tanuja Chandra's next

Follow us on Social Media

For the first time, Vir Das - one of the funniest guys in India will play an intense role. In Tanuja Chandra's Raakh, a love triangle, Vir will be seen with Rajeev Khandelwal and Raima Sen. "It is a dark love story shot in Bhopal and Ujjain and I had to lose 12 kilos for the film. It is the hardest work I have done till date," said Vir, who is having about half a dozen releases in the next one year.

Romantic comedy, Shaadi Ke Side Effects with Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan is something Vir is looking forward to very anxiously. Then, a film on obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) Amit Sahani Ki Listin which Vir is shown to have OCD is top on the actor's mind. "My character Amit has this obsession of what he wants in a girl. I have done academic research for the role and my reference point is Jack Nicholson in American romantic comedy, As Good As It Gets.We have 10 girls to play different roles," says Vir. Urban comedy Go Goa Gone and Super Se Upar are two of Vir's other forthcoming films. Vir plays a city boy who falls for a village belle in Super Se Upar. "We have shot in few towns in Rajasthan with no electricity and telephones. You will see the crazy side of the State," says Vir.

Further, stand-up comedian Vir is taking theatre seriously. He has just turned producer and has launched his own theatre production, Weirdass Repertory. Vir says, "Weirdass Comedy has seen two very good years. We've ventured into television, films and stand-up comedy. We're going to do a play on The Godfather to begin with. Then we're working on scripts based on Star Wars and Frankenstein."

Apart from producing plays that will spoof some of the biggest international films, Vir is also looking at doing high-content plays starting with Anand Tiwari's All In The Timing, a funny collection of short pieces of love, sex, friendship, romance and one's chances in life starring Anand Tiwari, Malaika Chaudhary, Naveen Kaushik, Siddharth Menon, Foezeh Jalali, Asif Ali Beg. Says Vir Das, "I'm producing the play to support theater and to promote it at unconventional venues & to bring back the lost culture of watching plays."

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Thanks for sharing
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

nice