Results 1 to 3 of 3
01-13-2013, 02:58 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
Jim Ross Speaks Out On NXT, Punk/Rock On RAW, More
Jim Ross has made his weekly appearance on Yahoo Sports Radio with Sean Penderghast. You can listen to it here. Here are highlights:
- He said that he will be at the 20th anniversary of RAW on his Twitter. He said that while he didn't know what he would be doing, he's happy to be there and called it a "momentous occasion."
- He said he didn't think anyone would guess how big RAW would get when it started, adding that there were nights when more young males watched RAW than Monday Night Football. He also said several NFL players are fans because they grew up watching.
- He was asked about CM Punk's "pipe bomb", which he said he "thoroughly enjoyed". He said the interaction between Rock and Punk felt organic because they have "chemistry". He said they are intense, prideful and want to be the best. He said that Punk is motivated and Rock is where Punk wants to be. He says that for Punk it's a "a golden opportunity that may not come around again in his lifetime."
- He said that "defiant young males" relate to Punk but he thinks the masses will cheer for The Rock.
- He was then asked about Mick Foley going into the WWE Hall of Fame. He said he wasn't sure it would be Mick's year but it made sense because of his ties to Madison Square Garden. He said he feels like a coach "who recruited a walk-on or a one or two star recruit who is now entering his fourth Hall of Fame." He commented on Foley not having the WWE body but having intelligence and a passion. He said he was only concerned with getting Foley "a jersey" and seeing what would happen.
- He then discussed WWE's plan to turn him from Cactus Jack into Mankind. He said: "Mick basically remade himself even though he was a veteran and had many years under his belt in one persona." He credited Vince McMahon's creativity and Foley's ability to adapt.
- Finally he talked about his trip to NXT and calling the matches. He said that while Shawn Michaels was at the show, the developmental students kept coming up to him for advice. He said eventually everyone on the roster will have come through developmental. He added: "We expect big things this year. We're excited about the prospects of that whole program."
-He concluded the WWE talk by mentioning he personally signs all of the autographs sent out as part of his BBQ products.
01-13-2013, 02:58 AM #2
01-13-2013, 06:29 AM #3
for the info
•°·._.•β€$ţ ɨɲ ţh€ ώ๏яℓď•._.·°•
✪ƒєєℓ ƒяєє тσ яєρ✪
╰☆╮ ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮