Banned www.desirulez.net

Default Not many chances for outsiders in B'wood: Kartik

Follow us on Social Media

Kartik Tiwari is relatively new to the film industry. He's one film old and gears up for his upcoming release- Akaash Vani.

With Kartik and Nushrat Bharucha in the lead, (the two were previously paired in Pyaar Ka Punchnama), the actor is content with the way his career has shaped up. "After Pyaar Ka Punchnama, I thought I could never be an actor again because I did not like the way I looked. But luckily, Luv sir offered this film to me. Being an outsider, it's difficult for a guy like me to get a big role in a big movie. You don't get many chances. Everyone in the industry works hard including star kids. But for an outsider, there is no godfather who will take you in spite of the flops! Star kids get more chances but I'm happy. I have enough even though I may get fewer chances. In the end, we have to work hard to be where we want to be", says Kartik.

Kartik also had to convince his parents who are both doctors to make his Bollywood dream a reality. "My parents are doctors it was very hard for me to convince them that I wanted to be an actor. I could not just pack my bags and leave. My mom always says that I should have a back up so I am pursuing my B.Tech and I gave my exams two weeks back. I'm in the 4th year of college. But then on the flip side, if you have a back up, you won't be able to do well in the industry because you keep thinking you have a safety blanket".