dR www.desirulez.net

Default Big E Langston: Getting to Know WWE’s Newest Monster

Follow us on Social Media

In a night full of surprise cameos from past WWE stars, Monday’s edition of Raw also featured the unexpected debut of a new monster heel, Big E Langston. Immediately christened by Twitter users as “Ryblack” — thanks to the massive physique bulging under his singlet and, of course, his skin color — Langston put an exclamation point the Slammy edition of Raw by attacking John Cena.

So who is this mystery man, and what does the future hold for him in WWE? We’ve pieced together some background on AJ Lee’s secret weapon, as well as some clues about where he might be headed in 2013.

Big E Langston was born Ettore Ewen 26 years ago to parents Margaret and Eltore Ewen in Tampa, Florida.
    He is reportedly a former member of the National Honor Society, which recognizes high school students who demonstrate superior scholarship, leadership and character. While attending Wharton High School in Tampa, he captured the Florida state amateur wrestling championship and was a standout football player. According to some sources, he is a musician and former member of the Tri-M (Modern Music Masters) Society for high school students.

After high school Ewen attended the University of Iowa, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts and played football as a defensive lineman, despite being plagued by a torn ACL and a torn pectoral muscle. He eventually turned his focus to powerlifting, a sport in which he became a breakout star. Two years ago he shattered all four of Florida’s powerlifting records in the 275-pound weight class — state records that still stand to this day.

In 2011 at the USA Powerlifting Raw Nationals, he broke more records by lifting a total of 2,039 pounds in the various events — roughly the weight of an average hippopotamus or a Volkswagen Beetle.

He can bench press 529 pounds, which is nearly twice his own weight. He is said to have a t-shirt that reads: “I got 99 problems, but my bench ain’t one of them.” He can deadlift nearly 800 pounds, which is roughly the equivalent of a full-size grand piano. Interestingly, a number of records in powerlifting are still held by Mark Henry.

You can see him in this clip of John Cena giving weightlifting pointers to a group of rookie wrestlers (The Sheild’s Roman Reigns is in there too, among other upstarts:

So Langston is strong. But can he wrestle?

He made his debut in Florida Championship Wrestling exactly two years to the day before he steamrolled Cena on this week’s Raw. And, in a twist of ironic foreshadowing, he teamed with Skip Sheffield and others in an eight-man tag that night. That is, Ryback and “Ryblack” were partners.
    He developed a penchant, much like King Kong Bundy, for demanding a five - count for pinned opponents.

He made periodic appearances on house shows and in early 2012.
    Earlier this month, he defeated another recent main-roster call-up, Seth Rollins, for the NXT Championship.

It’s clear that Langston’s first target is Cena, in the ongoing saga of AJ Lee’s scorned-woman storyline.

There’s already plenty of speculation about his future. Will he become the rumored fourth member of the Shield? His attack-first-explain-later mandate seems to fit with The Shield’s. His microphone work at NXT wasn’t earth-shattering or terribly original, but it shows potential.

Or will WWE pick up on the “Ryblack” chants, which will inevitably echo through arenas for the foreseeable future, by pitting him against their resident monster babyface? He seems like a shoo-in for the “cleaning house” spot in the Royal Rumble — the monster who tosses everyone overboard until a bigger monster arrives. Given their similar backgrounds, could Langston be pitted against a returning Mark Henry?

Of course, perhaps WWE will suddenly shift gears and he’ll become yet another neglected monster. Some fans mistakenly believed he was Ezekiel Jackson when he burst onto Raw. Remember him?

Link to original post by Colin Hunter: Big E Langston: Getting to Know WWE’s Newest Monster | WWE News, TNA News, WWE Divas Photos, TNA Knockouts Photos - WNZ

Has this changed your thoughts about Ryblack or has this made you know him better?

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Nice info
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

dR www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by EidenAnderson View Post
    Nice info
    Thanks but it should really go to the guy that made the original post.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by xAwesomeStrike View Post
    Thanks but it should really go to the guy that made the original post.
    Regardless, if you hadn't ha brought it up here, we would still be in the dark about this guy. So Thanks and REP!

Honor student? Star Wrestler and Football player? Musician? Collage Graduate? Multi Record Breaking Power Lifter? This guy has had a freaking amazing life.

I really hope WWE doesn't f*ck up this golden opportunity. Let the guy have a manager for awhile so he can build his mic skills and I can see him as a US/IC Champ within the year. But if they do drop the ball on him, I can see TNA making good use of his abilities.

dR www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tray View Post
    Regardless, if you hadn't ha brought it up here, we would still be in the dark about this guy. So Thanks and REP!

Honor student? Star Wrestler and Football player? Musician? Collage Graduate? Multi Record Breaking Power Lifter? This guy has had a freaking amazing life.

I really hope WWE doesn't f*ck up this golden opportunity. Let the guy have a manager for awhile so he can build his mic skills and I can see him as a US/IC Champ within the year. But if they do drop the ball on him, I can see TNA making good use of his abilities.
    I think he will do well in the WWE since he knows and trains with John Cena. John Cena had a arguement with someone from the Motor City Machine Guns, who was about to join the WWE but they did not sign it because of the Golden Boy. Big E knows John Cena from Cena's Weightlifting Gym so I think Big E is set for a good career.

John Cena had a arguement with someone from the Motor City Machine Guns, who was about to join the WWE but they did not sign it because of the Golden Boy.
    Really....I reameber something like this hold on....

Quote Originally Posted by ajstyless View Post

Generation Me Backstage Heat

As they're trying to jump from TNA to WWE, rumors of backstage heat on Generation Me has been spreading like wildfire. The real life brothers have been denying the allegation, but now three veterans of the business have spoken out against them. Wrestling fans now believe more than ever than the allegation of backstage heat on Generation Me are true.

Generation Me vs Rob Van Dam

Rob Van Dam made some comments during an interview about younger talents not showing the proper respect backstage. He also talks about how they refuse to seek advice from those that have been in the game longer. While he didn't mention any names, it was clear that he was referring to Generation Me. Of course, it only became clear because Generation Me took it upon themselves to answer back, even though wrestling fans weren't aware that they were the subject of Rob Van Dam's criticism.

Generation Me vs Booker T

Upon being granted their release from TNA, Generation Me decided to go try out for WWE. While there, they caught the attention of Booker T. Unfortunately, though, it was in a negative manner. The former WCW World Heavyweight Champion revealed through his Twitter account that he felt disrespected by Generation Me. He said that they refused to introduce themselves when they walked past him on more than one occasion. He also brought up the fact that Rob Van Dam, a close friend, had issues with them as well. Finally, Booker T decided to take a jab at Generation Me's physical appearance. Not quite an endorsement from Booker T.

Generation Me vs Goldust

Goldust felt the need to chime in as well. He, too, felt that Generation Me would have served themselves a lot better had they been more friendly toward the veterans that they ran across in WWE during their tryout. He didn't go into as much details as Rob Van Dam and Booker T did, but it was quite telling that he would take the time to publicly comment on the situation.

Generation Me's Chances

It takes a lot more than talent to become successful in professional wrestling. If you've ever seen Generation Me performing in the ring, then you already know that talent isn't an issue. However, you have to build certain relationships if you want to get anywhere in the business. Rob Van Dam is still on good terms with Vince McMahon, so obviously his words are going to have some weight. Booker T is a commentator for WWE, while Goldust is transitioning towards being a member of the backstage crew. Their words carry quite a bit of weight in the company. Having those three strikes against them is going to hurt Generation Me's chances of being signed by WWE.

Closing Thoughts

Doesn't look good for Generation Me right now.
    Kind of ironic when you think about it.

dR www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tray View Post
    Really....I reameber something like this hold on....

Kind of ironic when you think about it.
    I agree!

Star of the Month May www.desirulez.net

thx for the info - reps added . didn't read all but i'm pretty sure Big E have more than 4 moves

Achievement List
    Master Of The Year 2012
    Star Of The Month May 2013
    Wrestler Of The Month February 2013

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

for the info will read soon
    Last edited by Randy310; 01-06-2013 at 10:04 AM.

•°·._.•β€$ţ ɨɲ ţh€ ώ๏яℓď•._.·°•

On Vacation

✪ƒєєℓ ƒяєє тσ яєρ✪
    ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮

´*•.¸ ¸.•*´

Quote Originally Posted by hemafekho View Post
    thx for the info - reps added . didn't read all but i'm pretty sure Big E have more than 4 moves
    You should read the rest. Its pretty interesting.

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

Has this changed your thoughts about Ryblack or has this made you know him better?
    Who is Ryblack If you meant ryback, He sucks and he doesn't deserve to get any title by beating up some local wrestlers

•°·._.•β€$ţ ɨɲ ţh€ ώ๏яℓď•._.·°•

On Vacation

✪ƒєєℓ ƒяєє тσ яєρ✪
    ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮

´*•.¸ ¸.•*´

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

Thanks awesome info

It's Clobberin Time

dR www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Randy310 View Post
    Who is Ryblack If you meant ryback, He sucks and he doesn't deserve to get any title by beating up some local wrestlers
    Blacktista?