Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Nostalgic Deepa Mehta craves for Dilli's channa-chai

Follow us on Social Media

She stays in Canada and is a filmmaker of international repute, but Deepa Mehta's heart misses the small joys that she experienced in the capital during her college days. She misses 'chai' and 'channas' and old world charm of central Delhi's streets.
    "I love the golgappas in Bengali Market," Mehta gushed here, with the excitement of a young college-goer.
    She is 62 now. But memories of her days at Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR) are extremely fresh in her mind.
    Recalling the same with a beam in her eyes, she shared: "I studied Philosophy at LSR. Those were great times. I was coming from the Welham Girls School (at Dehradun), and there, we stayed in a very protected environment. So, to come to Delhi and be part of a college with girls from all across, was great... The ability to go out, and have chai and channa outside the college was a lot of fun."
    She just had a small complaint upon her visit to the capital this time - one of her favourite sweets shops in Sunder Nagar has closed down.
    ...being a human...

Kal Ho Na Ho www.desirulez.net

Thank You