Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default I can look back at life with satisfaction, surprise: Dilip Kumar

Follow us on Social Media

On his 90th birthday Tuesday, thespian Dilip Kumar, who has regaled scores of fans over decades, recalls his journey full of surprises with satisfaction and a smile. He says it was his patience and sense of choice that helped him lead a successful career.
    "I can look back at my life with a sense of satisfaction and some surprise at certain events that have added the twists and turns to an otherwise normal, serene life," said Dilip Kumar.
    Excerpts from the interview:
    Q. You turn 90 on December 11. Ninety is just a number specially when one considers a life as well-lived as yours. Sir, as you look back what do you feel about the first 90 years of your life?
    A. I can look back at my life with a sense of satisfaction and some surprise at certain events that have added the twists and turns to an otherwise normal, serene life.
    Q. Dilip saab, in the 90 years which events would you regard as the greatest events and milestones in your astounding life?
    A. My entry into the profession of acting which was most unexpected. My marriage to a beautiful girl two score years younger with whom I had declined to co-star because she was too young to be my leading-lady, my decision to challenge myself by switching over to comedy when I was being hailed for my intense tragic roles that had evoked public esteem and adulation.
    ...being a human...