Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default There was a time when I had zero balance in my bank account: Akshay Dogra

Follow us on Social Media

Hello everyone, I am Akshay Dogra whom you all know as Aakash Singh Raizada from my last show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon.

Firstly, a little bit about myself. Born and brought up in Delhi where my parents stay, I completed my schooling and later college from the city itself. These days, I stay with my wife in Mumbai.

Before getting into acting, I used to write scripts and stories and never thought of becoming an actor. I started my career by working behind the scenes as an executive producer as well as a member of the Creative Unit of many shows. I also worked as an assistant to Deepak Tijori. I was also an executive producer for NDTV Imagineís Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi for 4 to 5 episodes.

Later, I also worked in news channels like CNBC as an entertainment reporter and later was with NDTV in its production department.

After working behind the camera, I thought of quitting and trying my luck on television. One day, to my surprise, an assistant director who saw me, asked if I was an actor? Without bating my eyelid, I immediately replied in the positive. On this, he asked me to come down to his office with my portfolio and appear for an audition. Likewise, I appeared for the audition and by Godís grace, I got the opportunity to do my first television show Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

After that I also did Kasturi, Ranbir Rano, 12/24 Karol Bagh and Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. In-between these shows, I did couple of videos and episodics.
    ...being a human...