Lightbulb ✿ Style Check: Sonam Kapoor ✿

Follow us on Social Media

A designer favourite, Sonam Kapoor is a fashion junkie. The face of some of the elitist fashion magazines, she is also a part of the esteemed L’Oreal dream team. A slave for all things stylish, Sonam’s fashion sense is both classy and eclectic. The actress may not have struck jackpot in Bollywood as yet but has managed to create a distinct identity of her own.

With just two films down, Sonam has already come a long way in creating a foothold in the industry and fans are only longing for more. StarBoxOffice takes a look at the oh-so-stylish journey of Sonam Kapoor, her passion for fashion, designer take and her dazzling upcoming look.

Chanel awards Sonam

Sonam Kapoor became the envy of Bollywood when she became the first Indian celebrity to be dressed by fashion house Chanel. The house of Chanel personally gifted her a beautiful white gown to wear for the Filmfare awards and though Deepika got the best debut award, Sonam was the only one to wear her award that night.

In her words, "I just kept staring at the beautiful basic but simple white gown that they sent me. I was so excited. I felt like Cinderella before the ball. Never before had I been so excited about dressing up for an event. It was divine per se." The feeling’s mutual Sonam.

Accessory freak

The stylish fashionista loves accessorising and how! Eclectic jewellery, drool-worthy handbags and divine footwear, Sonam’s accessory collection is to die for. It is handbags that Sonam can’t have enough of, “I love big bags. I have Prada’s skin bag and fringe bag, a few Chanels, three Marc Jacobs including the quilted Stam bag, a fabulous silver Gucci my mom gifted me and several Swarovski evening clutches.”

The actress has started an accessory trend with her Forever 21 owl pendants, Kundan jewellery and gold fish necklace, Celebrity stylist Tina Modi stated, “Sonam could be credited for starting an accessory revolution. I love the way she teams up her accessories with an ensemble, her look is very avant garde.”

Face of fashion

Other than Vogue, Sonam has graced half of all the fashion magazines in town. “I understand fashion. My idea of fashion is not jaded and I am always open to different things and experimenting with my look. My friends in fact call me a chameleon as I often look different in every photo shoot!” Sonam recently shot the cover for esteemed fashion magazine Harpers Bazar at the Emirates Hotel in Dubai. Shot by renowned photographer Atul Kasbekar, she looked phenomenal in her sexy and sophisticated corporate look.

L’Oreal Dream Team

Sonam is the face of L’Oreal, following eternal beauty Aishwarya Rai and more recently international sensation Freida Pinto. Her entry into the L’Oreal dream team marks the beginning of the cosmetic giant’s young generation skin products. To have had the opportunity to be a part of such an organisation is just another sky rocketing bump in Sonam’s Bollywood profile.

Designer favourite

Designers can’t have enough of the style diva, for instance Sonam swears by designer Anamika Khanna’s designs, who went on to praise her stylish muse, “The golden cowl-shaped gown dress Sonam wore on my show was made by just keeping her in mind. Sonam is extremely versatile. She can fit into a lehenga-choli with the same ease as she can into pants and shirts”.

Indian Beauty

Apart from couture and high fashion, Sonam is true to her roots. The actress looks phenomenal in Indian wear and her look in films such as Saawariya and Delhi-6 showed off her desi colours.

When it comes to Indian designers, Sonam picked her favourites, “I love Anamika Khanna, Anurada Vakil for her creative use of Indian textiles, Rajesh Pratap Singh for his sheath dresses, Manish Arora and Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla.”

Sonam Kapoor is all set to don an ultra chic image in her father Anil Kapoor’s home production, Ayesha. After two back-to-back films (Saawariya and Delhi-6) that required her to romp largely in an ethnic salwar-kameez kind of sartorial grace, Ayesha will finally see Sonam blossom into the diva-avatar that she has so passionately assumed in recent months for magazine covers. Oh how we wait!

Retired Staff
    London, UK

The Creator :)

σℓ∂ ρяιтнνιяαנ ¢нαυнαη

looking beautiful in salwar