Results 1 to 1 of 1
11-28-2012, 05:22 AM #1
Batter coated lotus stem fingers (Nadur Monji)
- Lotus stems(kaml kakri) 500 g
- Refined flour (maida) 1/2 cup
- Soda bicarbonate a pinch
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water 1/2 cup
- Drops Red colour 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil for fry 1-2 cups
- Scrape the lotus stems and cut off the ends.
- Wash thoroughly under running water, ensuring that no mud remains in the stems.
- Cut the stems into 3 inch pieces and then slice each piece into 4 - 6 fingers.
- Wash well again.
- In a big bowl, mix flour, soda bicarbonate, red chilli powder, salt, and enough water to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Mix in the red colour.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, dip lotus stems into the batter and then deep-fry until golden in colour.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
- Serve hot as a snack or as an accompaniment.
The meaning of the name Akili is 'Wisdom, intellect, sense'. # 1000....