Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    271

    Default Does DesiRulez destroy Wrestling?

    Follow us on Social Media





    I know this thread is a little bit provoking but i just go ahead.
    I've been quite inactive the last 2 weeks. Why? I caught myself watching WWE and thinking: "oh ok, this is going to happen next"
    and i was quite often right. I did not watch wrestling because i enjoyed it as wrestling or the show.
    And i have to admit, it was more fun to watch, without all the thinking in my head.

    I know some person in this forum actually do not watch WWE actively but discuss about the WWE. I got the feeling the Wrestling Discussion Section keeps me away from beeing just a fan. Of course it is nice to discuss with all of you.

    What do you think about my statements?

  2. #2
    Moderator www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Birmingham,UK
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Well the whole of the wrestling forum is to discuss opinions and exchange of idea's of course everybody has different opinions and it's always nice to hear what others think.

    As a fan it's nice to discuss with others because just being here i have learned a lot not only about wrestling but other people's cultures and made new friends. and have you found the WWE less exciting because of spoilers or just discussing it for long periods of time?

  3. #3
    Super Moderators www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quahog
    Posts
    11,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Enigma View Post
    Well the whole of the wrestling forum is to discuss opinions and exchange of idea's of course everybody has different opinions and it's always nice to hear what others think.

    As a fan it's nice to discuss with others because just being here i have learned a lot not only about wrestling but other people's cultures and made new friends. and have you found the WWE less exciting because of spoilers or just discussing it for long periods of time?
    I guess he means that Wrestling was funnier for him before it was such a big thing with discussion, predictions, News checking etc. He liked it more when it just was watching wrestling and enjoying.

    But I agree with Enigma this forum is more than just discussion. its getting to know other people around the World. share opinions and learn from each other. And thats elevates your wrestling knowledge more than when you just watch it. for example, the Jerry Lawler incident. Imagine that without DesiRulez or other Websites. We was always up to date about his condition and I guess even were more informed as when we just watched RAw
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

  4. #4
    Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In my private jet
    Posts
    5,553

    Default

    What do you mean by Destroying wresting?


    ._.β$ţ ɨɲ ţh ώ๏яℓď._.


    On Vacation

    ✪єєℓ яєє тσ яєρ✪
    ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮

    *. .*


  5. #5
    Star of the Month May www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,055

    Default

    well i kinda agree , it make it more fun some how if you didn't predict / think about the matches , but it's still your choice if you want to do that , and i agree wrestling discussion is more than just that it's about getting to know other ppl also and hear different opinions .

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy310 View Post
    What do you mean by Destroying wresting?
    let me guess , you only read the title
    he explained everything in the thread .
    Last edited by The Villain; 11-22-2012 at 06:06 AM.


    Achievement List
    Master Of The Year 2012
    Star Of The Month May 2013
    Wrestler Of The Month February 2013

  6. #6
    The Phenomenal One www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Relaxing On The Beach
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    There is many wrestling forums around the internet and you say that DR destroyed wrestling? Anyway i'ts a matte of a choice if you want to be in the forum or just watch episodes and you picked to post in the forum so you have yourself to blame, And honestly i'ts not fun just watching without sharing your thoughts with others and make new friends in the forum or you can just be a mark who doesn't know what goes behind the scenes and who thinks wrestling is real like you mentioned in another thread, And what you say in your mind happens because we are saying for a long time that the WWE is predictable because they don't have anything new to add


    Edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

    "life is like ice cream use it before melt but make sure spend in right place"" - DR Angel

  7. #7
    Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In The Ring
    Posts
    4,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal X View Post
    There is many wrestling forums around the internet and you say that DR destroyed wrestling? Anyway i'ts a matte of a choice if you want to be in the forum or just watch episodes and you picked to post in the forum so you have yourself to blame, And honestly i'ts not fun just watching without sharing your thoughts with others and make new friends in the forum or you can just be a mark who doesn't know what goes behind the scenes and who thinks wrestling is real like you mentioned in another thread, And what you say in your mind happens because we are saying for a long time that the WWE is predictable because they don't have anything new to add
    Agree

  8. #8
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    531

    Default

    I agree that without wrestling discussions when I was simply watching it at TV and not on internet it was a completely diferent thing , I was like "gogogogo Batista smash that bastard , brake his head" .. and other things i tought happened for real even tought I knew it's not real , I tought some of it is , well I was a kid too back then , but with time passing by I realized the show is much more made-up than I ever tought . It's just a episodic show , and that's why people comment about it , it's like watching "The young and the restless" , just wrestling version , and talk about it on a forum haha .
    Well hope I didn't ruin your point of view even more lol .

  9. #9
    Wrestler of the Month - March www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    I agree with you. I used to watch is a show, where most of it was real. Now that I know everything about it, I know how the show works, I know who's involved in the process, kind of ruins the experience. I seek for botches, I seek for flaws. I predict things, that's what I did before too, but now it's more like gambling. I bet on something and I think through, like I'm doing an exam. Since there are so many great minds out there, who all come here or go to some other website to discuss and to give out their predictions you pretty much have all the options WWE could make. Because of that there is no surprise factor. No surprises means less excitement. I guess the only reason I still watch WWE, which is known for it's repetitive content and such, is because I'm used to it and I'm a true fan, not because it gives me this awesome feeling or excitement that it used to give. But then again they succeed with some stories that really get me as a fan and as a human. These give me hope and motivation, who knows maybe even inspiration.
    But has it destroyed wrestling? No, it has just me made aware of so much more than I used to. And that knowledge has ruined some of the viewing experience, nothing less or nothing more.


  10. #10
    Moderator www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Birmingham,UK
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Wrestling is much more fun when you share it with others I mean I had nobody to talk tna with before I came here all my friends hate tna because its not wwe so this forum has helped me reach out to other fans and even help convert a couple. And I too have a change of opinion on superstars because what others have said and put and made good points.

    I guess if DR spoils wrestling for you you don't have to post or read there are lots of other sections too

  11. #11
    Super Moderators www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quahog
    Posts
    11,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Enigma View Post
    Wrestling is much more fun when you share it with others I mean I had nobody to talk tna with before I came here all my friends hate tna because its not wwe so this forum has helped me reach out to other fans and even help convert a couple. And I too have a change of opinion on superstars because what others have said and put and made good points.

    I guess if DR spoils wrestling for you you don't have to post or read there are lots of other sections too
    totally on your side brother
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

  12. #12
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    271

    Default

    well everybody got his own opinion. some ppl agree some ppl disagree.
    but thats actually why i posted this thread. i wanted to start a nice discussion

    maybe it is not caused by beeing active in the DR forum. maybe it is just a part of growing up and questioning things.
    how ever, i wont stop beeing active in here

  13. #13
    dR Dazzler www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atze1990 View Post
    I know this thread is a little bit provoking but i just go ahead.
    I've been quite inactive the last 2 weeks. Why? I caught myself watching WWE and thinking: "oh ok, this is going to happen next"
    and i was quite often right. I did not watch wrestling because i enjoyed it as wrestling or the show.
    And i have to admit, it was more fun to watch, without all the thinking in my head.

    I know some person in this forum actually do not watch WWE actively but discuss about the WWE. I got the feeling the Wrestling Discussion Section keeps me away from beeing just a fan. Of course it is nice to discuss with all of you.

    What do you think about my statements?



    It Doesn't Matter What U Think





    RISE ABOVE HATE


  14. #14
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N01WWEfan View Post
    It Doesn't Matter What U Think
    ohh you wanna play games?

  15. #15
    Super Moderators www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quahog
    Posts
    11,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N01WWEfan View Post
    It Doesn't Matter What U Think
    What do I smell?? Brain Farts?? Yes I do
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

  16. #16
    dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    La la la Island
    Posts
    8,728

    Default

    I don't really care . I watched wrestling before I visited this forum and I will watch wrestling even if I leave this forum 1 day . 1 good thing is you learn a lot about wrestling from forums .



    It's Clobberin Time

  17. #17
    Moderator www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Birmingham,UK
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Side note: he can't leave dr he is chained here by 2 chains I have 1 key eiden has the other.

    Please do not pet the insideout

  18. #18
    Super Moderators www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quahog
    Posts
    11,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Enigma View Post
    Side note: he can't leave dr he is chained here by 2 chains I have 1 key eiden has the other.

    Please do not pet the insideout
    and particularly not feed him or else he get spoiled
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

  19. #19
    dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    La la la Island
    Posts
    8,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Enigma View Post
    Side note: he can't leave dr he is chained here by 2 chains I have 1 key eiden has the other.

    Please do not pet the insideout
    Yeah this is my reputaion now ....... a pet

    You better feed me at time or else I will find a new home



    It's Clobberin Time

  20. #20
    Moderator www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Birmingham,UK
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    We will take care of you IO asking as you don't bite the visitors

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •