Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Question Discuss: Did WWE Go Too Far Mocking Jerry Lawler's Heart Attack?

Follow us on Social Media

WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler made an emotional return to Monday's WWE Raw following an on-air heart attack he suffered nine weeks ago which left him clinically dead for 15 minutes however what should have been a memorable return turned sour even before Lawler come to the ring. Prior to Lawler being welcomed to the ring by Jim Ross and Michael Cole WWE aired unseen footage of Lawler receiving medical attention backstage including CPR and being loaded into the ambulance that rushed him to hospital on that fateful night. The footage alone upset many however, the dramatic way it was edited unsettled many, @CrisJames1 tweeted @WNSource and said: "WWE edited it to look like some kind of promo. Classless"

When Lawler was welcomed out by Ross he stood in the ring giving an emotional speech before being interrupted by CM Punk and Paul Heyman. Punk took to the mic and mocked Lawler and things turned ugly when Heyman dropped to the mat faking a heart attack, @StormChampion tweeted @WNSource and said: Seriously, ANYONE think the CM Punk / Lawler segment was in POOR TASTE ? Never make a real life death situation "part of the act"

While the angle was likely pitched and agreed upon by Heyman, Punk and Lawler one has to wonder if using Lawler's near death experience was in poor tase. It has come across as desperate and low and will not create good media attention for WWE.

COMMENT: Did WWE cross the line by mocking Jerry Lawler's heart attack?

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

I guess without Jerry's permission they couldnt do it. but in my opinion yes. they wen way to far with that
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

Moderator www.desirulez.net

Yea i think they did too, what next?

dig benoit up and put him in a santa outfit ?

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

They went to far for PGTV but if it was 14A it would be normal

._.β$ţ ɨɲ ţh ώ๏яℓď._.

On Vacation

✪єєℓ яєє тσ яєρ✪
    ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮ ╰☆╮

*. .*

Moderator www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Randy310 View Post
    They went to far for PGTV but if it was 14A it would be normal
    I don't think it's even acceptable then but like eiden said if he consented that makes all the difference