Moderator www.desirulez.net

Default Czechs ignore Fed Cup pressure

Follow us on Social Media

Czech Republic's Petra Kvitova believes there is no added pressure on the defending champions to retain their Fed Cup title.

Kvitova and Lucie Safarova will lead the Czechs against Serbia in the final, which starts in Prague on Saturday.

The 2011 Wimbledon champion feels there is no pressure on her team ahead of the blockbuster match-up at the O2 Arena.

"I don't think we have any extra pressure because we are defending champions," Kvitova said on Friday.

"I think because we are playing at home in front of 14,000 people and they will come to support us.

"It is very nice to play in front of a home crowd and I will enjoy my moment on the court and will support Lucie in her match and the doubles pair.

"I am looking forward to the tie and the weekend and I think all of us will enjoy it."

Serbian duo Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic will take on the Czechs in the singles as they aim to claim a first Fed Cup title for their country.

Kvitova said she was unfazed by whether she played the first rubber, praising the quality of Ivanovic.

"I don't care if I play first or second match. I know that if I am playing second match we could have won so that is a good thing," she said.

"But Ana is a former world number one and it will be a tough match for Lucie for sure and I know she is very good and can catch every ball and hit winners but we will see."

Serbia are aiming to match what their men's team achieved by winning the Davis Cup in 2010.

Ivanovic said she was surprised Serbia managed to reach the final but believes they have the quality to go all the way.

"It is exciting. It was a little bit unexpected but I do think we have a good team which has the potential to get this far in the event," she said.

"If we can do what the guys did in the Davis Cup it would be amazing to get the title."

Jankovic, also a former world number one, said she was excited to be in the final.

"Im feeling great. I'm very happy and honoured to be in the final for the first time. It's a historical moment for Serbian women's tennis," she said.

"We're all excited to be here in Prague and that we have the opportunity to win the title which was our ultimate goal and we're very much looking forward to the competition."