Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Mumbai Film Festival celebrates spirit of cinema

Follow us on Social Media

An assortment of screenings, world premiers, tributes, discussions, celebrations, press conferences and interactions - the 14th Mumbai Film Festival offered something for everyone and celebrated the spirit of cinema in its true sense.
    The festival, which ended Thursday, saw the screening of 230 films from around the world with a mix of classic and contemporary cinema with special event segments dedicated to French, Italian, Afghan and Indian cinema.
    From college-goers to aspiring filmmakers to film critics and movie buffs, all enjoyed the mixed platter of international cinema at the cinematic fare.
    Pune-based film student Geetika Joshi, who was at the festival for the third time, loved the selection of films this time.
    "The kind of films they had screened this time was just awesome. I simply loved it. I am happy that I was able to see best of films from all over the world. I am really looking forward to next year," Geetika told IANS.
    It is a most awaited event for Mumbai-based Anand Shankar and the films screened satiate his appetite for good movies.
    "Coming here is always a wonderful and enriching experience. I am happy I watched a lot of films, but I am unhappy about the ones I could not see. Watching back-to-back films here sometimes become tiring. But as a cinema lover by the end of the festival I feel very satisfied," Anand told IANS.
    ...being a human...