Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Katrina Kaif posses a midas touch!

Follow us on Social Media

These days, everything that Katrina touches turns to gold. Her latest film, New York, has the boxoffice buzzing, but more importantly, she’s been well-received as an actress for the first time.

Agrees Katrina, “I feel it is important to get that nod of approval for being a competent actor. Box-office success is good, and so is getting written about and appearing on magazine covers.” Is being the highest paid actress good too? “I find it embarrassing to talk about money,” she insists. “But I do want to prove myself as an actor because that is my primary job. My acting skills have been questioned in the past and I am trying to change that perception. However, I can’t please everyone and I am not trying to. Although people have been largely appreciative, there have been times when they questioned everything I did. I have taken all the criticism from the past constructively and moved on ahead,” she muses.

Despite the rumours of a tiff between the actress and John Abraham doing the rounds, the duo exhibited brilliant chemistry on screen. “Well, we are professional actors, and even if there are problems with a co-star, we should be able to cast it aside and make things work,” she retorts. But she waves off the rumours about conflicts with John, saying, “Why would there be problems? He is a good co-star.” She also gushes about Neil Nitin Mukesh, who stars in the film as well. “Neil is a fun, young and friendly guy. We got along well during the shoots.”

From New York to her upcoming Ajab Pyaar Ki Gajab Kahani with Ranbir, Katrina is currently working with a slew of male stars. But the list doesn’t seem to include boyfriend Salman Khan. To this, she replies, “I have done only two films with Salman in the last four years. Right now, I am working with heroes around my age, and I’m trying something different by doing roles closer to my personality. I don’t choose my films based on who I am being paired with,” she states.

Whether she does or not, Katrina seems to get along well with her male co-stars. Perhaps that’s the reason she’s developed the reputation of being an ice queen among fellow actresses. “I haven’t worked with that many actresses for them to know me well enough,” she argues rationally. “I do find it easy to get along with guys, but I like being on my own on the sets. I concentrate hard on my lines and my scenes for that day and I understand that the sets are first and foremost my workplace. But if you get along with someone, it’s a bonus,” she smiles.

Katrina is constantly signing new product endorsement deals, but so far she isn’t afraid of seeming overexposed. “No way! I have only recently started working, man! It’s too early for me to even talk about that,” she quips. “I enjoy doing commercials and see nothing wrong with it. In fact, it’s a good way to reach out further to your fan base, because they connect with you more.” So how does she feel about being one of Bollywood’s biggest stars? “I don´t think on those lines,” she says.