Kal Ho Na Ho www.desirulez.net

T

Default 15 lac for a song!

Follow us on Social Media

Ever since the music of Love Aaj Kal started making noise, there are talks of Pritam trying to turn over a new leaf by crediting three sources
    Love Aaj Kal
    in the CD inlay of LAK.

Pritam, however, insists that giving credit to traditional sources is nothing new for him. “Didn’t I do it for Goutam Chattopadhyay’s song too? What’s special about crediting Hemanta Kumar and the music label for the instrumental hook of the Twist number from Mandole — Nagin. As for Aahun Aahun, I tried hard to reach Shaukat Ali saab who had sung the Kadi te hass bol ve number. Later, I found that it was a traditional song and credited that,” he insists.

But he insists on having seriously cut down on work and has refused three projects — Sagar Ballary’s film, Remo’s film with Vashu Bhagnani and Star-Fox film. “My wife is expecting our second child and I want to spend quality time in Kolkata in August and September. Meanwhile, rumours are doing the rounds of Pritam charging Rs 25 lac to compose one song! To this, Pritam says, “That’s so wrong. I go for package deals. For a finished song, I’d ask for Rs 15 lac, which is subject to minor negotiations.”

Having rubbished rumours, Pritam now talks about how, for the first time, he dubbed Sonu (Niggaam) over the Internet! “The song was Suno Na for Priyadarshan’s De Dhana Dhan. While Sonu is in the US, I got him to sing in front of his laptop while I sat in front of mine in Mumbai. I had earlier got Rahat Fateh Ali to dub over the phone for LAK’s Aaj din chadeyya. He sang the mukhda over the phone and waited for my approval. This process continued till he e-mailed me the song. But everything happened live and online with Sonu.”
    That sure is music to the ears now!